The best written letter is worthless if no one sees it!
Write Cover Letter in Easy Way
When you mail or email your resume/CV to a potential employer, you must include a cover letter. A cover letter is an introduction of you, your skills and why you are applying for the job. Here is your chance to make a great first impression!
- Like resumes and CVs, cover letters should be short and written in direct, simple language. The cover letter is usually typed on one page. Your cover letter needs to convince the employer to read your resume/CV and call you for an interview.
- Cover letters should be properly formatted and typed on plain white or off-white paper with no errors in spelling, punctuation or grammar. Use the word processor's spell and grammar checker or get a friend to proofread for you!
- Address your cover letter to a specific person and write a new cover letter for each job you apply for. This is also your opportunity to show the employer that you have done some research on the company.
- Highlight skills and accomplishments that apply directly to the job. Do not mention everything that is in your resume/CV, just key points.
- Include a phone number where you can be reached or employers can leave messages.
- Always be sure to correctly spell the name of the person to whom you are writing the cover letter.
- Also, try to find out who will be reviewing cover letters and resumes or CVs.
- A letter addressed to a specific person is usually preferable to Dear Sir or Madam.
Check the spelling and grammar of your cover letter. Use the word processor's spell and grammar checker. If you are not confident of your ability to detect grammatical, punctuation and English or other language usage errors or if you need help in organizing your cover letter, send it to a professional for assistance.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other Info on Writing a Cover Letter
Now to finalize the Write Cover Letter topic, if you have visa & work permit and if your cover letter and CV or resume are ready, you may email them through the CV & resume distribution services to employers and job recruiters worldwide. Take a look at international dress code and start preparing for a job interview.
Good luck with writing a cover letter!