The best written letter is worthless if no one sees it!
Letters for Job Seekers Worldwide
Never underestimate the power of correspondence in your job search process
Because there is no single formula or model of a job letter applicable for all occasions and countries worldwide, we describe and provide examples and templates of letters you may use in your international job search:
- Cover Letters,
- Thank You Letters,
- Acceptance Letters,
- Reference Letters,
- List of Rerferences,
- Rejection LettersRejection Letters
Experienced job letter writers follow these basic principles:
- Letters should be brief, demonstrating that you understand the value of the reader's time.
- Avoid lengthy letters exceeding 1 page.
- Ensure that you include your contact address, e-mail and phone/fax numbers.
- Place the most important items first, supported by facts.
- In your letters be positive in tone, content and expectations.
- Do not add to your letters details about yourself or your past experience that may call attention to your weaknesses.
- Use active voice and powerful action verbs in your writing to hold the reader's interest and convey a sense of energy.
- Group similar items together in a paragraph.
- Organize paragraphs so that they relate to each other logically.
- Always back up general statements with facts or examples.
- Documentation creates credibility, reduces uncertainty and abstraction for the reader.
- Avoid jargon and cliches.
- Check the spelling and grammar in all correspondence. If you are not confident of your ability to detect grammatical, punctuation or English usage errors or if you need help in organizing your letters, bring your correspondence to a professional for assistance.
Check the spelling and grammar of your letters. Use the word processor's spell and grammar checker. If you are not confident of your ability to detect grammatical, punctuation and English or other foreign language usage errors or if you need help in organizing your letter, send it to a professional for assistance.
If you have a difficulty with letters writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
- "fill in the blanks" computer software or
- cover letter builder or
- human cover letter writing services.
Other Letters Info
Good luck with your letters!