The best written chronological resume is worthless if no one sees it!
In recent years it become increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with current resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your resume.
However, you should manage your online presence and eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online resume should not include sensitive information as they could show lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
Senior Writer Resume Sample
This chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your first job and ending with your most recent position and can highlight career growth. This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the chronological resume advantages & disadvantages.
This resume is often confused with the reverse chronological resume that lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. For this reason, most employers prefer the reverse chronological resume format, which becomes the most popular resume format.
THE SENIOR WRITER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country
Residence: Phone #• Cellular: Phone #
Email: Email Address
SENIOR EDITOR / WRITER
- Internal & External Communications: Ten-plus years’ experience creating compelling articles, marketing materials, promotional documents and trade publications; recent experience in Web content / online editing.
- Publications: Prolific author with wide cross-section of articles and feature stories published in magazines, Web sites and industry journals.
- Web Portfolio: Visually appealing, interactive presentation of written work, including cutting-edge stories, news features and special projects at www.kareneversley.net
- Team Player: Adept at building effective working relationships with content programmers, photo editors, promotion managers and publishing staff
- Technical Skills: Mac, PC, Word, WordPerfect, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Adobe Photoshop for Newspapers and Avid Xpress Pro
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
MA in Interactive Journalism – American University, Washington, DC (2006)
BA in Public Communication – State University of New York College at Buffalo, NY (1994)
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) License (1989)
Hands-on experience and academic training in:
|• Advanced Editing||• Marketing Materials|
|• Article/Feature Writing||• Digital Storytelling|
|• Public Speaking||• Multimedia Reporting|
|• Press Release||• Brochures|
|• Promotional Copy||• Proofreading|
|• Newspapers / Magazines||• Online Publications|
|• In-depth Journalism||• Web Studio|
|• Layout & Design||• Headline Writing|
|• Web Content Creation||• Online Editing|
|• Print Media||• Newsletter Creation|
|Public Affairs Assistant, Northern Virginia Association of Realtors, Fairfax, VA||1997 to 1998|
- Researched current industry events and issues, conducted interviews and wrote relevant articles for monthly trade publication, Realtor Keys, which served over 13,000 regional realtors.
|Communications / Events Director, Harpers Golf & Country Club, Sterling, VA||1999 to 2001|
- Managed corporate communications for community of over 1,500 residents and club members.
- Launched monthly newsletter, The Harpers Horn, and grew publication from 4-page pamphlet to large size, 24-page color publication; enhanced publication with graphics and encouraged advertisements from local businesses.
- Contributed and wrote main articles; edited entire publication and oversaw entire print production process.
|Marketing Coordinator, A+ Marketing Solutions, Fairfax, VA||2001 to 2003|
- Authored profile stories, “how-to” and trend feature pieces for international industry publications, les nouvelles, esthetiques and DERMASCOPE.
- Developed full range of marketing and publicity documents—media pitch letters, press releases, brochures, banners and direct mail; wrote copy for special events.
|Editor, American Newspaper Association, Vienna, VA||2003 to 2005|
- Translated broad information from wide variety of sources including field experts and phone/email questionnaires into engaging feature articles for bimonthly trade publication, Newspaper Marketing reaching 5,000+ readers.
- Compiled and reviewed submissions from freelancers, colleagues, and other contributors to create editorial calendar; facilitated blue line, page count and final print production.
- Played key role in the upgrade and redesign of magazine from layout, color selections and font size; worked closely with senior vice president and creative services department.
|Editor, America Online, Dulles, VA||(2005 to present)|
- Serve as copy editor for high, traffic, interactive company Web site with approximately 20 million paid subscribers and hits from 35 million visitors daily.
- Revise and edit “raw” script content into concise, audience appropriate copy for major topics and events, including health, entertainment, commerce and movies.
- Attend production and bimonthly network meetings to discuss upcoming promotions and special events; contribute unique story ideas to boost Web site readership.
- Support production managers to ensure smooth transition in Web content display and monitor deadlines.
AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
The Online News Association
American Writers Association
Additional portfolio of writing samples available upon request.
If you have a difficulty with your resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing computer software,
Other Senior Writer Resume Sample Info
Good luck with the Senior Writer resume sample.