The best written combined resume is worthless if no one sees it!
In recent years it become increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with current resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your resume.
However, you should manage your online presence and eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online resume should not include sensitive information as they could show lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
Operational Director Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE OPERATIONAL DIRECTOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Operational Director with with 25 years experience in management, training, operational design and administration, in the third party logistics and transportation industry. Serve as key liaison between local and corporate management in multi-state expansion projects and business development ventures.|
|• Formulated Policies, Manuals, and Standard Operating Procedures. |
• Oversaw multi-site operations for 6 plants, 500+ personnel and budgets in excess of $40 million.
• Reduced turnaround time for shipping orders by as much as 30%.
• Made critical decisions in an industry driven by "right now" delivery of service.
• Tracked orders to coordinate operations of 200 trucks, 20 customer contracts, and 65 vendors.
• Risk/Facilities Management Specialist handled all departments in 420K square foot warehouse.
• Took initiatives to increase customers accounts by as much as 300% (from $1 million to $3 million).
• Initiated Quality Improvement Program to increase competence and performance of personnel, generated annual savings of $350K.
Baker and Baker, Inc., Grove, OH
1992 - Present
|Regional Vice-President/General Manager|
|• Managed warehouse operations, shipping, receiving, P&L for cold storage and distribution facilities in excess of one million square feet. |
• Handled 20 major national accounts including: Sara Lee, ConAgra, and Heinz.
• Established Performance Based Incentive program with employees to increase productivity, strengthen ownership of corporate goals, and increase shared responsibility for profit.
• Coordinated systems, procedural, and facility transitions related to a national merger.
• Established work standards, job description, and performance evaluations.
• Implemented productivity tracking system to enhance efficiency and increase accountability.
Octagon, Inc., Macon, GA & SouthVille City, NJ
1982 - 1992
|Manager of Distribution|
|• Managed complete P&L for shipping and receiving, inventory control, purchasing, maintenance, hiring, firing and training personnel. |
• Initiated Quality Improvement Program to improve communication and customer service.
• Took steps to enhance union/labor relations through training and clear articulation of positional expectations.
• Developed research criteria and implemented strategies to penetrate new markets.
• Conducted feasibility studies of alternate sites to maximize revenues and reduce overhead.
• Reduced staff, contained cost, increased employee competence, while saving $350 thousand per year.
• Taught and coached customer centered thinking, led to improved corporate image and increased consumer satisfaction.
• Closed distribution warehouse on time, under budget, and without labor disputes.
Distribution Center, North Brownstown, IL
1977 - 1982
|Regional Warehouse Manager|
|• Served in a variety of capacities, started as Warehouse Operator, moved to Customer Service Representative and handled Account Coordination of three warehouses. |
• Enhanced skills in all areas of operation as Warehouse Supervisor and then Manager.
• Improved profit levels, productivity, and service levels in all facilities.
Mount Saint Joseph College, Emersonville, Arkansas
|Bachelor of Science, Finance and Economics|
|Additional training in business management, debt reduction, cost containment, negotiations, business and ethical conduct, and multiple computer based business applications.|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Operational Director Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Operational Director resume sample.