The best written functional resume is worthless if no one sees it!
In recent years it become increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with current resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your resume.
However, you should manage your online presence and eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online resume should not include sensitive information as they could show lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
Managing Attorney Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE MANAGING ATTORNEY RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
Legal professional with 20 years of business analysis, research, negotiation, strategic planning, risk management, and legal counsel for insurance companies with national and international operations. Lead legal counsel for general practice law, disposition of bodily injury cases, vehicle insurance infractions, and all documentation related to large scale corporate carriers. Management responsibilities included supervision of 32 attorneys, 11 support staff, implementation and management of all data use systems, work flow processes, staff reviews, and necessary Human Resource functions.
Completed training in leadership development, personnel management issues, negotiations, contract management, finance, communications, regulatory compliance, litigation, and numerous computer-based business applications. Legal roles include certified arbitrator, paralegal, and member/participant of Defense Research Institute, as well as the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and American Bar Associations.
Ohio State School of Law, Columbus, OH
Northern Ohio University, Ada, OH
|B.A., Political Science|
|• Spearheaded demographic research of target markets to increase market share, visibility and profit; simultaneously identified multi-state expansion opportunities that added 12 attorneys, 12 support staff and increased revenues by over 35%. |
• Established training program for associate attorney in practical elements of court conduct and litigation procedures, efforts lead to a 50% improvement in case results over a 12 month period, and saved the firm over $700K in attorney expenses; training program was formalized and established as a corporate standard.
• Applied new technology to administrative processes by placing personal computers on every desk. Added data-base driven legal research library, realizing a 100% increase in internal/external communication efficiency.
• Implemented technological advancement which included Modulaw, Lazer Attorney, and Juris software.
• Held multi-departmental supervision of a $2M operational budget, planning and conformity.
• Led internal audit of expenses to discover embezzlement issue that exceeded $100K.
• Perfomed Managing Attorney responsibilities included analysis of job descriptions, elimination of redundant work, and development of policy manual(s) and "best practice protocols", that increased efficiency, increased ownership of corporate goals and objectives, and eliminated staff turnover for 7 years.
• Identified paperwork bottle neck and modified accounting procedures to reduce 90% past due accounts by 50%.
Goldman and Frank, Jefferson City, MO
2000 - Present
|Attorney/Office Manager Judge|
Industrial Insurance Corporation, Jefferson City, MO
1999 - 2000
|Staff Counsel/Managing Attorney|
Maxwell Incorporated, Columbia, MO
1986 - 1999
Lincoln, Beale, & Frank, Columbia, MO
1982 - 1986
Doyle and Associates, St. Louis, MO
1978 - 1982
|Associate Attorney/Junior Partner Wilson|
Helix Corporation, St. Louis, MO
1974 - 1978
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Managing Attorney Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Managing Attorney resume sample.