The best written functional resume is worthless if no one sees it!
In recent years it become increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with current resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your resume.
However, you should manage your online presence and eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online resume should not include sensitive information as they could show lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
Computer Technical Support Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE COMPUTER TECHNICAL SUPPORT RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
• Background in analysis, development and delivery of high-performance technology solutions. Adapt easily to new technology.
|•||Languages: Java, Visual Basic 6.0, C++, SQL, HTML, COBOL, RPGIV|
|•||Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Pro, OS/400, DOS, Linux, Mac OS 9/10|
|•||Software Applications: MS Office 2000 (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), MS Front Page 2000|
|•||Databases: Oracle 8|
|•||Other: TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, FTP Server, Web Server, PCAnywhere10.5., Image|
UNIVERSITY, Minneapolis, MN
|Bachelor of Science, Business Computer & Information Systems|
|GPA: 3.6, Core Included: Systems Analysis & Design, Network Design, Database Design, Object Oriented Design, Network Security, Firewall Design, Logistics, General Management, Strategic Management, Marketing, Business Law, and Accounting. |
Leadership & Team Activities
• Business Computer & Information Systems Club: Career-related speakers/programs, as well as community service projects.
• E-Business Club: Collaborate with teams to build and evaluate various web application projects.
• Organizacion de Estudiantes Latinos, Vice President and Founding Member (9/02). Club has grown from 3 to 20, and fosters a positive social environment and campus-wide representation for Spanish-speaking students.
TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Minneapolis, MN
|A.A.S., Computer Programming|
|RELEVANT SUCCESSES & CONTRIBUTIONS|
2000 - Present
|Systems Administrator Survey Lab|
• Administered and supported two Windows 2000 Servers and 15 Windows 2000 Pro stations for Survey Lab. Proactively developed and implemented Norton Anti-Virus and Ghost Servers to full functionality prior to Lab's migration to servers - gaining expertise as a proficient troubleshooter at the servers' inception. Commended for professionalism on a 24/7 on-call basis.
• Supported hardware and software for Open Labs' 500+ computers running Windows 95/98/2000 and Macintosh. Assumed increased responsibility from hire as PC Support (75% IBM, 25% Macs) to expanded role of primary technician reporting to IT management. Took team lead role within 6 months as technical support team grew from 2 to 5. Consulted with students and faculty to resolve any hardware/software/network issues. Achieved a documented 95% resolution rate for all user problems.
• Supported Computer Store's hardware/software problems on Windows and Macintosh systems. Provided customer training and assistance on site and via phone. Initiated and implemented the setup of cabling, enabling the use of terminal stations strategically placed throughout the facility. Commended by store manager for being the "best worker I've ever had."
|EMPLOYMENT WHILE FINANCING COLLEGE|
Survey Lab - UNIVERSITY
2000 - Present
Computer Store - UNIVERSITY
1999 - 2000
|Customer Tech Support|
Book Store - TECHNICAL COLLEGE
1997 - 1999
|Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Minnesota |
Boys & Girls Club of Minnesota
Tri-County Humane Society
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Computer Technical Support Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Computer Technical Support resume sample.