The best written reverse chronological resume is worthless if no one sees it!
In recent years it become increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with current resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your resume.
However, you should manage your online presence and eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online resume should not include sensitive information as they could show lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
Police Officer Information Systems Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE POLICE OFFICER INFORMATION SYSTEMS RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|• Dependable, trustworthy with solid work ethic.
• Accept role as assigned and strive for excellent results.
• Genuine team player; committed to organizational success.
• Articulate, effective communicator and presenter, both oral and written.
• Outstanding organizational, analytical and problem solving capabilities.
• Sincere and honest with a high level of personal and professional integrity.
• Skilled at maintaining a positive and approachable demeanor while working to resolve problems.
• Known for refined interpersonal skills; interact favorably with people from all backgrounds and cultures.
City of Montreal
Montreal Police Service
1977 - 2001
1997 - 2001
|Corporate Information Systems|
|• Selected to implement the Vehicle Impound Program System as a replacement for the Pound System. Liaised with both IT Services and outside contractors during the development cycle.
• Functioning within the realm of System Custodian, approved system changes, performed security site visits, conducted user background checks/approvals, provided end user training, quality control and statistical reporting.
• Ensured program cost recovery.
1996 - 1997
|Traffic Services Detective Officer|
|Established procedures for the pound officers to assist in the enforcement of the Vehicle Repair and Storage Liens Act, Highway Traffic Act and the Municipal By-Laws related to vehicle impounding.|
1994 - 1996
|Parking Enforcement Unit|
|• Implemented the technological strategy utilized for the Parking Enforcement Units.
• Initiated the Metropolitan Police Pound System designed for Municipal Law Enforcement Management, parking tag inventory and vehicle impounding.
• Coordinated activity between police services and privately operated remote pound sites.
• Acting Sergeant for a period of approximately 1½ years, working with civilian Parking Enforcement Officers.
1992 - 1994
|Traffic Support Services|
Hand-picked to strategize technical considerations of a new Parking Enforcement Unit for the Parking Consolidation Project. Further skills pertinent to the following positions:
1991 - 1992
|Field Support Services||
1990 - 1991
|Business Systems Analyst||
1989 - 1990
|11 Division Constable (Served as Warrant Officer for 6 months)||
1987 - 1988
|Central Traffic Unit Member||
1978 - 1986
|AWARDS & SPECIAL RECOGNITION|
|• Police Exemplary Service Medal:
Issued by the Governor General for providing 20 years of "Loyal and Meritorious Service to Law Enforcement in Canada"
• Letter of Commendation from Deputy Minister, Glenn R. Thompson regarding a traffic accident. Cited for exhibiting a "very balanced approach in questioning those involved and in providing assistance"
• Civilian Letter of Outstanding Service: Recognized for "clearly displaying that police too, are compassionate"
• Letter of Appreciation from IBM. Noted for contributions made to "Computing and telecommunications Group and traffic support services".
• Personnel Documentation: (one of many) Received notification commending excellent policing in a solo situation utilizing an "alert and quick response"
|•||Operating Systems: DOS, Windows 95/98/2000/NT|
|•||Software: Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, e-mail, fax, scan|
|•||Database Applications: Access, Oracle: Forms, Reports I (V2), PLUS (V3.1) and PL/SQL (V2), Clipper and "C"|
|•||Law Enforcement Industry Proprietary Software: CPIC, PARIS, CIPS, DEC, CASC and Manix|
|•||Programming: COBOL, C, BASIC, JCL, RPG II, IBM Assembly Language Programming|
|EDUCATION & TRAINING|
Charles O. Bick Police College, Montreal-includes, but is not limited to:
Breathalyzer Course - Centre of Forensic Sciences, Montreal
Probationary Constable Course - Ontario Police College, Aylmer
Forensic Science - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Montreal
Drug Identification & Investigation - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Montreal
Criminal Investigative Techniques - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Montreal
Effective Business & Technical Writing - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Montreal
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Police Officer Information Systems Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Police Officer Information Systems resume sample.