The best written reverse chronological resume is worthless if no one sees it!
In recent years it become increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with current resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your resume.
However, you should manage your online presence and eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online resume should not include sensitive information as they could show lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
Defense Attorney Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE DEFENSE ATTORNEY RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
Attorney with 20-years legal experience, with an emphasis in civil and criminal litigation. Use of analytical, investigative, organizational, negotiation, and courtroom litigation skills.
Management skills used to plan and oversee projects from concept to conclusion.
Law Group, Anchorage, AK
1996 - Present
|President / Owner|
|• Manage legal office providing legal advice in estate planning, real estate, landlord/tenant, personal injury, worker compensation, civil and criminal defense, and administrative matters.
• Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate support staff of two.
• Contribute to company performance with continuity in office procedures and setting clear communication lines between 6000+ clients and company.
• Use communication skills to fulfill liaison nature of position, developing cordial working relationships with attorneys, clients, witnesses, and staff.
• Provide follow-up through all stages, from initial investigations through trail planning, pleadings, motions, memoranda, discovery, legal research and courtroom representation for court proceedings.
• Skills include litigation, case management, negotiation, drafting and interpretation of various contracts. Often manage several cases concurrently.
• Develop knowledge in the field by keeping current on all cases. Refine and strengthen legal skills through continuing education programs.
Law Counsel, Anchorage, AK
1992 - 1996
|• Managed all administrative duties for law firm of six attorneys and eight staff members.
• Restructured operating, financial and legal infrastructure. Negotiated/renegotiated strategic partnerships, forged profitable new alliances, expanded market channels, and standardized contracts and business documentation.
• Oversaw broad portfolio of clients across diverse industries. Earned reputation as a consistent top performer, profitability, and new client development.
• Defended a Real Estate Developer/Building contractor in a high profile multi-million dollar case.
• Argued and tried cases in Magistrates Court, District Court, Alaska Court of Appeals, Alaska Supreme Court and the Supreme Court of the United States. Attended over 1500 pretrial conferences.
Legal Counsel, Anchorage, AK
1988 - 1992
|• Represented city prosecuting criminal cases and handled all civil litigation for the city.
• Attended all city council meetings and prosecuted misdemeanor criminal cases.
• Areas of concentration were: real estate, business law, family law, criminal defense, and personal injury plaintiffs, with an emphasis in civil and criminal litigation.
Law Office, Anchorage, AK
1983 - 1988
|• General practice developed legal theories, interviewed prospective clients, negotiated with opposing counsel, prepared briefs and argumentative memoranda.|
Radio media spokesperson for local one-hour weekly talk radio show, 1987-Present
Produce weekly TV informational talk show, 2001 - Present
Keynote presenter/speaker for several lectures regarding Estate Planning.
|Licensed - Supreme Court of the United States of America
Member of Fourth Judicial District
Alaska State Bar
Association of Trial Lawyers of America
America Bar Association
Member of Alaska Chamber of Commerce
South Texas College of Law (Texas A&M, Houston, TX
University of Florida, College of Journalism and Communications, Gainesville, FL
London Program - Florida State University
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Defense Attorney Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Defense Attorney resume sample.