The best written reverse chronological resume is worthless if no one sees it!
In recent years it become increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with current resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your resume.
However, you should manage your online presence and eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online resume should not include sensitive information as they could show lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
IT Payroll Specialist Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE IT PAYROLL SPECIALIST RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
IT PAYROLL SPECIALIST
Solutions oriented Payroll Specialist with notable success converting and maintaining complex payroll systems for a nationwide retailer.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of vital information.
- Exceptional troubleshooting ability.
|Target Stores Corp.||1998 to present|
|Payroll Administrator||Greenville, OH|
- Oversee payroll administration, benefits and human resources updates for a nationwide company; continually seek to improve communication and quality. Write and control job language and programs.
- Complete daily wage verifications. Prepare credit/debit summaries and reconcile accounts. Weekly run labor reports and reprints of W2’s.
- Set up weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly calendars of when jobs are to run and what controls will be needed.
- Stay current with taxes and tax reporting at the federal, state, and local levels. Program tax and program updates into computer system and test the changes. Also check on what affect a change in Payroll will have in Human Resources and Benefits.
- Write new or change current reports and extracts to meet the need of the users. For example: I might list all salaried associates with current job title by location.
- During buy-out in 2004 & 2005 made critical changes in the sort and report keys. My program for organizing financial data was adopted by new company in order to document its own procedures.
- Converted payroll system from Cyborg to Windows NT. Set up control tables that controlled eligibility dates and parameters.
- Selected to train new staff members in data entry procedures, writing extracts or reports and running jobs. Serve as Mentor.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
2 years completed at Ohio College: Springfield, OH
Completed courses in computer operation and programming
Platforms: UNIX, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Linux, VMS
Tools: Cyborg, NCR Century
Software: MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other IT Payroll Specialist Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the IT Payroll Specialist resume sample.