Reverse Chronological Resume
The reverse chronological resume format is widely accepted and is applicable to most employers and recruiters.
The employers tend to prefer the reverse chronological resume, because the format lists job history beginning with the most recent job listed first. Generally, the employers are interested in the last 10 to 15 years of your career.
In the reverse chronological resume, you emphasize job titles and employers, and describe in detail duties and accomplishments. We recommended that your resume have an objective or summary, to focus the reader.
The reverse chronological resume is easy to read and can highlight career growth. This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their strong, solid work history.
The reverse chronological resume is advantageous when:
- Your recent employers and/or job titles are impressive.
- You are staying in the same career field.
- Your job history shows progress.
- You are working in a field where traditional job search methods are utilized (e.g. education, government).
The reverse chronological resume is not advantageous when:
- You are changing career fields.
- You have changed employers frequently.
- You want to de-emphasize age.
- You have been recently absent from the job market or have gaps in employment.
- It is much more difficult to highlight what you do best.
Check the spelling and grammar of your reverse chronological resume. Use the word processor's spell and grammar checker. If you are not confident of your ability to detect grammatical, punctuation and English or other language usage errors or if you need help in organizing your resume, bring it to a professional for assistance.
- Maximizes the computer's ability to "read" your resume.
- Maximizes your ability to get hits.
If you have a difficulty with your reverse chronological resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Reverse Chronological Resume Info
Now to finalize the reverse chronological resume topic, if your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email them through international job search engines to job recruiters and headhunters worldwide.
Good luck with your reverse chronological resume!