Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
This chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your first job and ending with your most recent position and can highlight career growth. This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the chronological resume advantages & disadvantages.
This resume is often confused with the reverse chronological resume that lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. For this reason, most employers prefer the reverse chronological resume format, which becomes the most popular resume format.
THE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
|Street Address||Home: Phone #|
|City, ST ZipCode, Country||Email Address|
Flexible employee with outstanding work record and experience in both administrative and production tasks. Up-to-date software training. Bilingual.
|Business Form Corp.||1989 to 2006|
|Square View, IL|
Department Administrator/ Administrative Assistant
- Prepared reports for management and accounting. Provided logistical and technical assistant to the management team and production crew.
- Acted as liaison between departments, vendors and requisitioners. Position required approximately 25% telephone work.
- Placed orders and requested PO's from main office.
- Furnished job requirements based on customer specifications.
- Resolved invoice issues and balanced accounts receivable. Authorized payments.
- Responsible for allocations. Ordered supplies as needed.
Shipping & Receiving/ Warehouse Lead
- Acted as link between warehouse personnel and management. Scheduled, coordinated, and supervised inbound and outbound shipments.
- Performed final check of printed materials to ensure they were shipped to correct customer.
- Received incoming materials and stored within warehouse. Operated forklift.
- Picked items for shipments. Checked items against requisition forms.
- Combined ink to match Pantone print standards. Position required strong mathematical ability and precision.
- Performed chemical and physical testing of raw materials.
- Created procedure and MS Excel form to simplify interdepartmental work flow. This resulted in approximately 25% reduced job turn-around time.
- Designed a spreadsheet to keep track of all the material released for the production process. This increased the accuracy of tracking for cost per job by more than 15%.
- Designed and zoned the departmental storage, clerical and testing/ tech areas according to job requirements, plans and schedules. As a result, we had a very smooth flow from receiving, staged storage, and production to shipping.
SOFTWARE TRAINING: Tech Training, Prairie State, IL: 2005
- Microsoft Office XP Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Customer Service-Call Center
- Lotus Notes
- Medical Terminology
CERTIFICATE OF BUSINESS (SHOP MATH): Northern Illinois University: 1993
INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER SCIENCES: Truman College: 1993
COLLEGE COURSEWORK IN ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURE: Universidad Autonoma De Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA: PHYSICS/ MATHEMATICS: Academia Patron San Jose, Dominican Republic
- Fluent in both English and Spanish. Frequently translate on the job.
- Forklift Certification: experienced with stand-up and set-down forklifts and scissor picker.
- OSHA, Haz-Mat and EPA training.
If you have a difficulty with your resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other Administrative Assistant Resume Sample Info
Good luck with the Administrative Assistant resume sample.