Application Support Administrator Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages and disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE APPLICATION SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
|Street Address |
City, ST ZipAddress, Country
|Home: Phone # |
Application Support Administrator / Technical Support Specialist / Desktop Support
Technologically sophisticated and bi-lingual (Spanish/English) IT Support/Training Specialist with hands-on experience in project lifecycle management for technical and intranet applications, website development, workgroup support, and desktop and network troubleshooting. Certificate in Computer Programming. Skilled in:
|· Help Desk & Hardware Support||· First-Level PC Support||· Project Management|
|· System Upgrades / Conversions||· LAN / WAN Architecture||· Escalation Resolution|
|· Peer-to-Peer User Groups||· Web Content Upgrades||· Customer Service|
Networking – LAN / WAN, Windows 2000 / NT 4.0 Server, Windows 95 Server, TCP/IP, SQL Server
Operating Systems - Windows 95 / 98 / 2000 / XP, Windows 2000 / NT 4.0 Server, DOS 6.0
Applications - MS Office Suite 97/2000/2002 (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), MS FrontPage 2000, Macromedia Dream Weaver 3.0, Adobe Acrobat 5 and PDF, Flash 4.0, Novell GroupWise 5.5, Adobe Pagemill 3, Lotus Suite 96, Corel Suite 96, Corel 9, Adobe PhotoShop, Kodak digital software, Symantec pcAnywhere 32, Internet Explorer, Netscape Communicator, and WinZip
STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA, TREASURY DEPT., DIV. OF TAXATION, Philadelphia, PA
1995 – present
Senior Technician, MIS – Technical Support Activity
2001 – present
Promoted to provide help desk support for 2000+ end-users (including remote users) in 9 locations throughout Pennsylvania, as well as project management team leadership for special technical assignments. First-point-of-contact (Tier 1 Help Desk Technician) for support incidents, as well as end-user training.
- Help Desk: Ensure effective 24-hour “one-stop” technical support for mainframe, WAN, LAN, and remote system. Install and update software. Setup, configure, and troubleshoot Technology Center equipment. Track and de-escalate technology and workflow problems, collaborating with 10 cross-functional IT groups.
- Website Development: Project managed Division of Taxation’s website redesign to text-only version, enabling fast and easy access for all users, including vision impaired. Supervised staff of 8.
- Intranet Development: Key player in creation, launch and maintenance of Division of Taxation intranet site, providing management with easily retrievable, up-to-date information for operations decisions. Initiated, created, and maintain Access users group intranet to facilitate information sharing and learning.
- Project Management: Led PAX CD-ROM project for 2 years, delivering interactive CD-ROMs with 1000+ tax-law-verified documents for simplified tax preparation (tax years 2001 & 2002) on schedule.
- ASP Development: Played pivotal role in beta-test programming and development of causal sales application (upgraded Alpha 4 database into back-end of Access 2000 and SQL Server, front-end into Internet Explorer via ASP programming).
- End-User Training: Expanded Technology Center offerings by designing, developing, and delivering advanced programs and manuals for MS Office, GroupWise, Novell Network, and Internet, increasing usability. Currently manage 12 Access courses, training and supervising 5 adjunct team instructors.
Technical Assistant, MIS – Technical Support Activity
1999 – 2001
First-level technical support for software installation, as well as setup and configuration of new equipment used in Division of Taxation (PCs, laptops, printers, scanners, projectors, digital & video).
- IT Software Training: Designed curriculum and materials, and delivered technical training, for introductory programs in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access), as well as Windows 95, keeping staff motivated and focused while improving job satisfaction and productivity. Personally trained more than 800 end-users.
- Website Support: Functioned as Web Editor for Division of Taxation’s Internet/Intranet website, proofing and updating website information on a daily basis (fastest turnaround time of any PA State department).
- Database Maintenance: Upgraded and maintained link-shared employee Access database with Chief of Staff’s office, ensuring data integrity for training. Created database reports for management evaluation.
- Technical Development Project: Pioneered development and implementation of storage, archive, and retrieval system for 500+ electronic presentations used throughout Division of Taxation.
Principal Clerk – Technical Education
1997 – 1999
Promoted to provide installation, configuration, and troubleshooting support for new equipment and software in Technology Center, as well as evaluation and modification of skills assessment.
- Training Center Database: Initiated and implemented Access-based data gathering system to compile, store, and retrieve statistics on computer training classes. Researched and wrote monthly reports used to evaluate training trends and staff training needs.
- NJ Saver Rebate Program: Key team player in initial, large-scale data compilation for PA Saver Rebate Program, including retrieval, distribution, quality control, and storage of tens of thousands of data files.
Senior Clerk Typist, Clerk Typist – Corporation Business Tax
1995 – 1997
Assisted 8 auditors by researching taxpayer information on mainframe, ordered work files for Supervising Auditor using HLLAPI information system, and prepared report statistics using Excel spreadsheets.
STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA, DEPT. OF BANKING, Philadelphia, PA (temp contract)
1994 – 1995
Data Entry Specialist / Legal Secretary
Front office support for 5 attorneys and 3 accountants: records management, legal document preparation, purchasing, and equipment maintenance. Used IS software for research and to process taxpayer complaints.
AMERICAN COMMERCIAL BANK, Edison, NJ
1990 – 1993
Customer Service Representative / Supervisor Teller
Instructed 35 employees in use of computerized banking systems and procedures. Verified and audited financial reports and balance sheets. Cash management responsibility exceeded $100,000.
Instructor Certification, HRDI, Philadelphia, PA
Courses: Curriculum Design, Performance Consulting, Training Presentations, Design Surveys and Questions, Determining Training Needs, and Active Techniques for Teaching.
Certificate in Computer Programming, DeVry Institute, New Brunswick, NJ
Ongoing Professional and Technical Development in-house and at vendor locations.
1995 – present
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Application Support Administrator Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Application Support Administrator resume sample.