Chief Financial Officer Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Home: Phone #
—CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER—
- Professional accountant with successful, hands-on experience in corporate and international accounting managing budgets up to $20 million and annual sales from $7 to $30 million.
- Directed a major transition from antiquated procedures to state-of-the-art software for financial records and analyses.
- Efficient in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, maintaining financial records and business operations.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Analytical, enthusiastic, team player, self-motivated, goal oriented, dependable, and productive.
- Create workable schedules to meet deadlines efficiently.
- Effective communication skills—written and verbal.
- Able to resolve conflicts professionally and satisfactory to all parties.
- Maintain positive relationships with management, staff, co–workers, and outside agencies.
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Windows, Word, Excel, QuattroPro, WordPerfect, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Hemisphere Computerease, and Starbuilder Construction Software.
Bachelor of Business Administration Degree with an emphasis in Accounting.
Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho.
Will complete June 2006
Attended numerous company-sponsored training courses including Payroll Law, Fair Labor Standards Act, Sales & Use Tax Law in several states and countries, A/R Management, A/P Management, Advanced Excel Training, and Crystal Report Writer Courses.
Rigby High School, Rigby, Idaho. Diploma. Graduated 1982.
- Directed a major transition from antiquated procedures to state-of-the-art software for financial records and analyses saving ABC Technology over $780,000 annually.
- Developed and implemented a new program for managing cash flow and reducing interest expenses saving ABC Technology over $2.1 million annually.
- Created new computerized procedures for gathering information on reporting requirements saving Jenkins Corporation $68,000 annually.
- Spearheaded the development of a task force to audit Jenkins Corporation financial activities and discovered an employee embezzling funds then took immediate disciplinary action to resolve the problem.
- Initiated a round-table discussion panel of team members to identify key issues among employees in order to achieve better employee retention.
- Researched various insurance plans and negotiated with a new provider for new cafeteria plans that saved Brown-Smith Petroleum over $1.5 million.
- Developed new computerized accounting procedures and trained staff in order to save XYZ Oil Company, Inc. $43,000 annually.
- Instigated "Day Care Options" at Brown-Smith Petroleum which increased morale significantly.
CONTROLLER. ABC Technology, Inc., Idaho Falls, Idaho
September 2000–May 2004
- Managed overall operation of the Accounting Department with 20 employees.
- Analyzed financial records to forecast future financial position and budget requirements.
- Identified computer and accounting software problems, diagnosed causes, and determined corrective actions.
- Contributed to profitability by better managing cash flow and reducing interest expenses by 40% the first year.
- Completed numerous accounting projects in various foreign countries with experience dealing with foreign receivables, payables, wire transfers, and letters of credit.
- Administrator for 401K; liaison between company, banks, and financial institutions.
- Prepared all reports for accounting firm including payroll, taxes, W-2, 1099, and general ledger.
- Key contact for liability, umbrella, bonds, builder risk, worker’s compensation and various other insurances.
- Delegated authority for receipt, disbursement, banking, protection and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
CONTROLLER. Jenkins Corporation, Inc., Idaho Falls, Idaho
February 2000–September 2000
- Managed the Accounting Department and directed the firm’s financial activities, including the procurement and investment of funds.
- Directed preparation of budgets and all financial reports needed by senior management and regulatory agencies.
- Advised management on investments and loans for short- and long-range financial plans.
- Directed financial activities of organization.
- Prepared complex financial reports for management using a variety of analyses and software.
CONTROLLER. XYZ Oil Company, Inc., Pocatello, Idaho
December 1991–February 2000
- Prepared, analyzed, and interpreted monthly and annual financial reports, including profit and loss statements.
- Supervised activities of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Prepared reports required by regulatory agencies such as Environmental Protection Agency, State Tax Commission, and Internal Revenue Service for payroll and fuel taxes.
MIS MANAGER. Brown-Smith Petroleum, Inc., Pocatello, Idaho
September 1988–December 1991
- Verified details of business transactions recorded on sales slips, invoices, check stubs, and computer printouts; reconciled and balanced accounts.
- Compiled reports to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profit and loss.
Member, Institute of Management Accountants.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Chief Financial Officer Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Chief Financial Officer resume sample.