CPA Accountant Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE CPA ACCOUNTANT RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
FirstName LastName, CPA
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country, Phone #, Email Address
Accountant with more than 20 years of Finance and Accounting experience. Expertise in preparing financial statements, monitoring daily cash transactions, developing annual budgets, and recording all financial activity for small to medium sized businesses. Recruited and cultivated a first-rate team of financial support professionals. Bachelors degree in Accounting with a strong background in Finance and Accounting methodologies and practices.
Problem Solving – Assessed existing fiscal procedures, identified and implemented improvements to strengthen the financial health of the business.
Management by Mentoring – Active motivator, supervisor and trainer, committed to the growth of individuals and the success of the company.
Fiscal Communications – Experienced presenting fiscal information to senior management and documenting financial policies and procedures.
Independent Operations – Served as sole financial professional for several small businesses. Maintained financial schedules and ensured quality reports and analyses.
Computer Expertise – QuickBooks, ADP Payroll, MS Word, Excel, and Access.
Riverside Securities, New Orleans, Louisiana
1997 - Present
Supervised Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable department. Provided training to develop and enhance quality customer relations. Ensured and maintained ethical accounting practices.
- Developed and implemented comprehensive annual budgets, and provided accurate and timely monthly reports to control budget overruns.
- Managed Accounts Receivable and Billing staff, provided training to ensure consistent quality, and addressed employee concerns. Improvements in workplace environment reduced staff turnover by 25%.
- Directed Accounts Payable staff to identify cost savings related to payments, realizing a 17% increase in discounts earned.
- Analyzed financial accounts to provide detailed reports of fiscal health to senior management.
Professional Services, Inc., St. Lucia, Louisiana
1993 - 1997
Assisted Accounting Manager in daily financial processing, including monitoring of payroll data, cash receipts, billing, disbursements, expense accounting, and deposits. Developed policies and procedures for fiscal management.
- Implemented and monitored automated payroll, resulting in a 24% reduction in cost and 62% decrease in processing errors.
- Streamlined system for preparing Bank Deposits and Bank Reconciliations, reducing the delay in depositing by 2 days while increasing interest earnings.
- Conducted Fixed Assets Analysis to identify opportunities to strengthen assets. Analyses resulted in additional $15 million fixed asset acquisition.
Bank of Baton Rouge, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1986 - 1993
Developed annual strategy for loan marketing activity. Managed staff of 8 consumer loan consultants, with portfolio of $80M. Maintained group credit listings for accounts over $20M.
- Designed Access database and prepared quarterly loan reports to identify payment trends and delinquent accounts.
- Prepared loan marketing presentations and supported all departmental marketing efforts, reducing the rate of customer inquiries.
- Created catalog of delinquent loans and developed a profile of high-risk customers used to screen applications in 30% less time.
- Managed the timely creation and distribution of Mortgage Portfolio reports, reducing the historical delay by half.
Bank of Baton Rouge, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1980 - 1986
Maintained proper cash limits, cashed checks, accepted deposits, and issued cashier’s checks, money orders, traveler’s checks, cash advances, and funds transfers. Experienced with Merlin Platform, Boss / Fast, IONA, and BICS.
- Developed thorough understanding of products and procedures, resulting in fast-track promotion, and reducing Bank Manager overtime.
- Analyzed credit card and loan application process and designed new procedures to decrease turnaround and increase customer satisfaction.
- Trained new hires on standard operations and ethical practices to ensure professional service.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, 1980
City University, Baton Rouge, LA
AWARDS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, Louisiana Board of Accountants
- Elected to the Teller Dream Team.
If you have a difficulty with your resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other CPA Accountant Resume Sample Info
Good luck with the CPA Accountant resume sample.