Director of Marketing Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE DIRECTOR OF MARKETING RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Experienced sales and marketing professional with a 14-year history managing key accounts and developing new business. Marketing background includes writing and developing marketing strategies and materials, organizing and hosting special events to promote the business, and participating in networking events and conventions. Sales background involves exceeding revenue goals consistently throughout multiple industries, cold calling and initiating contacts, developing interactive business relationships, utilizing consultative selling techniques, and creating persuasive account strategies to sell customized products and services in a competitive marketplace. Computer skills include Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Office 2000 (Word, Access, Outlook, and Excel), as well as hotel specific software.|
|GEO CONSULTANTS, Houston, Texas|
|Director of Marketing, 1998|
|Market and sell a new technology that involves digital event photography to corporate accounts. Call on meeting planners, directors of catering, convention service managers, and human resource managers representing all industries utilizing trade shows, conventions, customer appreciation events, and other special events. Create awareness of this innovative service that will eventually lead to national promotions and sales. Key accounts include NIKE and Compaq Computer Corporation. |
· Developed the sales presentation portfolio.
· Recognized a niche market in the hospitality industry that has proved to be highly successful.
· Worked with the graphic artist to create custom borders and virtual backgrounds for each client.
· Generated $50,000 in sales in just three months.
|DOYLE AND ASSOCIATES, Cypress, Texas|
|Sales and Marketing / General Manager, 1996 - 1998|
|Maintained responsibility for marketing a newly transformed conference center and corporate retreat, as well as managing all operations of this facility. Called on corporate meeting planners, marketing managers, regional sales managers, sales managers, human resource directors and managers, and executive secretaries. |
· Transformed an existing corporate training facility into a revenue producing and stand alone profit center.
· Secured a 250% increase in monthly income revenues over six month.
· Developed all accounts from ground zero by recognizing and targeting a new market, including Board of Director meetings and conventions/conferences, and re-established contacts within the hospitality industry and local corporate community.
· Identified and implemented the marketing plan and designed all marketing and on-site materials, including the meeting planners guide, as well as laundry bags, menus, and information cards.
· Joined and participated in the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau as a networking source.
· Hosted marketing functions with up to 35 attendees, and provided presentations, question and answer sessions, and tours of the facility.
· Established rate guidelines, office procedures, an employee training program, and customer relations guidelines for personnel involved in customer service, housekeeping, and banquet services.
|MAXWELL MANAGEMENT, Houston, Texas|
|Sales Representative, 1991 - 1996|
|Managed 150 active corporate accounts generating $1 million in annual sales. Called on corporate meeting planners, marketing managers, regional sales managers, sales managers, human resource directors and managers, and executive secretaries. |
· Attained over 100% of annual revenue goal.
· Created all business accounts from ground zero.
· Orchestrated and coordinated client appreciation events for up to 100 participants and hosted receptions at the hotel.
· Wrote and edited material for the office staff.
· Created an incentive package that provided special room rates and package deals that generated an additional 20% in sales.
· Participated in the design of new marketing materials, including the meeting planners guide.
|FJK CORPORATION, Houston, Texas|
|Sales Representative, 1989 - 1991|
|Managed 50 active corporate accounts throughout Houston, with additional responsibility for developing citywide conventions for the Midwest market, including Chicago. Called on corporate meeting planners, marketing managers, regional sales managers, sales managers, human resource directors and managers, and executive secretaries. Accounts represented the social, university, and medical industries, including Rice University, Baylor College of Medicine, UNICEF, and World Book Encyclopedia. |
· Recognized as Top Producer.
· Re-introduced the newly renovated hotel and re-established reputation at its highest standard.
· Initiated and led a focus group consisting of representatives from all departments that established operational guidelines, created standards, established a strong line of communication between departments, and significantly improved working relationships.
|OCTAGON, INC., Houston, Texas|
|Marketing and Sales Representative, 1988 - 1989|
|Managed corporate accounts in the Houston market. Worked directly with the owner to plan and execute special events.|
|Bachelor of Arts, Liberal Studies|
|International Special Events Society |
Meeting Professionals International
National Association of Catering Executives
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Director of Marketing Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Director of Marketing resume sample.