Engineering Technologist Resume Sample
This chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your first job and ending with your most recent position and can highlight career growth. This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the chronological resume advantages & disadvantages.
This resume is often confused with the reverse chronological resume that lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. For this reason, most employers prefer the reverse chronological resume format, which becomes the most popular resume format.
THE ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode
Phone# · Email Address
CERTIFIED ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST
~ Offering Reliable Solid, Liquid & Hazardous Waste Environmental Expertise ~
Resourceful, quality-focused engineering professional delivering reliable, sustainable solutions for municipal and private sector projects for 20+ years. Defines and maps course of action protective of all regional, provincial safety and environmental compliance measures. Devises new, cost-protective programs and retools substandard and outdated plans. Innovative with sharp analytical and problem solving capabilities, astutely negotiating and securing clearance protocols for all projects. Interfaces seamlessly with others from all levels of the corporate matrix, one to one and in group settings.
- Hazard Identification/Evaluation
- Environmental Protection
- Waste Management
- Policy Development
- Safety Training/Education
- Legislative Awareness
- Inter-Agency Relations
- Regulatory Compliance
- Budgeting/ Cost Containment
- Needs Analysis & Audits
- Phase I Assessments
- Feasibility Studies
- Emergency Response Planning
- Presentations & Training
Ontario Ministry of Environment & Energy Licences
Operator-in-Training Wastewater Treatment & Collection
Operator-in-Training Certification in Water Distribution and Supply & Water Treatment
Ontario Ministry of Environment & Energy, Water Quality Analyst Class 1
QUALIFICATIONS IN ACTION
|Jan 1999 – Present|
R. Bull Environmental Services, Barrie, Ontario
Retained to share insight and opinion for emerging and existing environmental health and waste water programs for municipalities, school boards and private industries. Conducts formal evaluations and gap analysis to introduce or retool programs for compliancy. Specifically, service continuum includes delivering environmental audits which detail cost estimates; report generation for numerous waste audits; waste water plant upgrades equipment inspections; and recycling monitoring and system sustainability surveys. Present job proposals directly to client. Without exception, deliver intuitive advice and insight into each project, meeting both time and budgetary restrictions.
- Selected to operate the City of Barrie’s Household Special Waste Depot for Clean Harbors Canada Inc. Relied upon to manage the depot; collect and process samples; and follow through with shipping hazardous waste in accordance with Reg. 347 and TDGA.
- Authorized service provider for material sorting for Brendar Environmental Inc., dealing with Household Hazardous Waste operations in Simcoe County.
- Provide project management services to C&M Environmental Technologies Inc. for waste water treatment plant upgrades.
- City of Barrie’s Board designate for the Lake Simcoe Regional Conservation Authority.
- Navigated demands of private contracts in tandem with working commitments with the following two roles.
UNCLASSIFIED OPERATOR TRAINEE
|May 2005 – Nov 2005|
Ontario Clean Water Agency – Georgian Bay Hub
Contracted to oversee six water and waste water plant operations in Springwater Township, The Town of Coldwater and outlying sites.
- One of four Operators accountable for daily laboratory work, plant checks and weekly water sampling procedures.
- Launched the upgraded Facility Emergency Plan manuals for all facilities in Springwater and Coldwater.
- Led efforts to complete two facility assessment reports. Restructured and completed Facility Emergency Plan Manuals for 10 regional water and wastewater plants.
QUALITY CONTROL SUPERVISOR
|Mar 2002 – Mar 2004|
Composite Building Products International – Barrie, Ontario
Selected to head the development and implementation for the full scope of the Company Quality Control procedures, practices and reports. Drafted the Company Quality Control Manual for international third party accreditation. Sourced, hired and trained the complete Quality Control Department staff.
- Finalized processes with a fully functional Quality Control system with personnel in place in just one year.
WASTE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM EVALUATOR
|May 1998 – Nov 1998|
Green Skills Inc., Denmark, Western Australia
Contracted to write and evaluate assessment instruments (evaluation packages) for the waste management modules of the Australian National Training Authority Waste Management Certificate II Traineeship Program.
- Granted approval for the implementation of assessment instruments which were subsequently used.
LANDFILL ASSISTANT (Coop) - City of Barrie Environmental Services, Barrie, Ontario
- Worked with the municipal solid waste management program including landfill operations and public space recycling programs.
PROJECT OFFICER (Coop) - Public Works & Government Services Canada, Architecture & Engineering Division, Environmental Services Division, Toronto, Ontario
- Assisted Project Managers, including on-site supervision to coordinate, through consultants, an underwater clean-up: approximately 200 Phase 1 Environmental Assessments.
MANAGER SALES FORECASTING & PRODUCTION PLANNING: Industrial Engineering Dept Member
General Tire Canada (Inc.), Barrie, Ontario
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING, MARKET RESEARCH, REAL ESTATE & ACCOUNTING
Uniroyal Ltd, Kitchener, Ontario
CANADIAN ARMED FORCES & COMMANDING OFFICER, GREY & SIMCOE FORESTERS
Department of National Defence
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
Transfer Station Technical Associate
Certified Landfill Operations
Solid Waste Association of North America
Workplace Trainer Category II (Workplace Assessor Certificate IV)
Kwinana Employment Training Enterprise Inc., Perth, Western Australia
Engineering Technologist (Environmental)
Georgian College OF Applied Arts & Technology, Barrie, Ontario
Militia Command & Staff Course
Canadian Land Forces Command & Staff College, Kingston, Ontario
Bachelor of Arts in Geography, University of Waterloo, Waterloo,
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Engineering Technologist Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Engineering Technologist resume sample.