Executive VP Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
In addition, you may search resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with keywords by industry.
THE EXECUTIVE VP RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode
|PRESIDENT • CEO • COO • SENIOR MANAGER |
|Hardworking, multi-talented and aggressive MBA who develops strong working relationships and consistently exceeds goals. Expertise in Sales, Senior Management, Finance and Operations. Outstanding ability to juggle many tasks yet deliver huge business results. Thrives on the excitement and challenge of the unknown potential of a business. Seeking entrepreneurial opportunity with a small to mid-size company that needs growth and leadership. |
|PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE |
1999 - 2000
|EXECUTIVE V.P., BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION |
|Formed "The World's Ultimate Online Fishing Resource" with 2 active partners. Needed to take concept and create successful business from the ground up. |
• Grew eFishing.com sales from zero to $2.5MM and 34 employees to become the #1 online fishing site. Consistent month-to-month sales growth.
• Positioned company for growth, so that company is currently negotiating several potential mergers and acquisitions.
• Developed content and E-Commerce opportunities for the upscale fisherman in a consumer-friendly, self-contained site.
• Created long-term strategy and wrote 200-page comprehensive business plan with detailed financial statements.
• Identified potential financiers and presented business plan and financing needs.
• Secured $11.6 million in 2 rounds of financing due to persuasive presentation.
• Received over $200,000 in free advertising and free content from over 20 top publications in exchange for publishing their content on eFishing.com.
• Enticed a top editor from within the fishing industry to join eFishing.com.
• Interviewed, hired and trained the majority of the company's 34 employees including graphic design, information technology, editorial, travel, customer service, tournaments, sales, marketing, finance and administrative departments plus the Pro/Tackle shop.
• Identified and signed major fishing celebrities to solidify eFishing.com's brand image. Celebrities acted as spokesmen, provided content and attended trade shows.
• Crafted conceptual layout and functional development of several key website elements, including home page, newsstand, customer service, and travel pages.
• Introduced targeted elements to better appeal to full range of fishing consumers such as Lady Angler and kids departments.
• Analyzed costs and feasibility of hiring contract employee payroll company versus in-house function, and negotiated terms with a full service HR firm.
• Sourced, analyzed and contracted for health, disability, dental, and life insurance benefits. Also evaluated and selected errors and omissions insurance, product liability and general liability for company.
• Handled building and office operations, including leasing/purchase of office space, furniture, computers and phone system. Planned office layout, managed building contractors and coordinated moving of firm into new space.
1997 - 1999
|DIRECTOR, SENIOR MANAGER OF FINANCIAL ADVISORY SERVICES |
|Began career as a Staff Consultant. Began to develop department to sell financial advisory services, and then was lured away in 1993 to Ernst & Young to develop the same type of department. In 1997, was enticed back to KPMG to turnaround company operations in the department. |
• Grew practice from <$1 million to over $2.4 million in two years, and to first-ever profitable status.
• Found, interviewed, hired and trained staff of 14. Identified advanced degree candidates from schools and competitors.
• Completed over 75 major projects including written reports, opinions and/or sworn testimony. 80%-90% of projects were external clients, developed through networking, conducting research, following trends and analyzing trade publications.
• Achieved a 20% new business referral rate due to high level of client satisfaction.
• Sold MBA, CPA and economists' services to clients - attorneys and company executive/senior management. Ensured that projects were completed in a timely and professional manner to meet clients' needs.
• Developed strong relationships with clients due to ability to assess situations quickly, professionally and accurately.
• Created detailed proposals for Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 of projects. Evaluated nationwide staffing for projects, developed costs, conducted review and set timeline for deliverables.
• Developed department's budget - sales forecast, overhead, salary, marketing, business development and technology costs.
• Chosen to chair the Strategic Initiatives Committee for international consulting division. Conducted meetings to evaluate potential business developmental trends and assigned senior executives to execute. Resulted in several key business initiatives such as fraud and gun litigation.
• Conducted interviews in 6 locations that resulted in an employee retention program. Created quarterly process to get input from employees to feed to senior management and improve communication.
• Developed and introduced a successful and comprehensive new sales 5 day program to better identify new business opportunities and improve closing ratios.
ERNST AND YOUNG LLP
1993 - 1997
|DIRECTOR, SENIOR MANAGER OF ECONOMIC & FINANCIAL CONSULTING |
|Joined company with challenge to develop department to sell MBA, CPA and economists' services to clients including attorneys and executive/senior management of companies. |
• Grew sales from zero to over $1MM.
• Recruited, hired and trained staff of 6 advanced degree employees.
• Won sales contest as a new hire by a factor of 5. Beat seasoned professionals in selling services.
• Established solid reputation and was one of the youngest managers to testify in court as an expert in financial forecasting and business valuation.
• Appointed to Management Advisory Group to improve communication process.
• Developed intensive 5-day sales class for Senior Management and Managers to polish essential sales skills and learn to uncover opportunities.
Other employment included management training and credit analysis at SunTrust Bank and at First Commerce Corporation.
|EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS |
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
THE UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA
ASSOCIATION OF CERTIFIED FRAUD EXAMINERS
Certified Fraud Examiner
Over 25 different Continuing Education courses taken, such as Mergers & Acquisitions, Presentation Skills, Financial Forecasting, Professional Sales and Business Valuation.
|COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS |
|METROPOLITAN YMCA, BOARD OF DIRECTORS |
Led group that developed successful plan for capital improvements. Raised over $600,000 in capital fund.
MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY (MOSI), ADVISORY BOARD
Served as Chairman of annual fundraising event, "Einstein on Wine," that raised over $175,000.
OLDER ADULTS SERVICES (OASIS), BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Planned and executed fundraising efforts. Also provided direct assistance and drove elderly members to appointments and shopping.
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Executive VP Resume Sample Info
If your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email your Executive VP resume through international job search to job recruiters worldwide.
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Check the job interview do & don't and other job search skills pages. Find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permit, cover letter, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Executive VP resume sample.