Facilities Manager Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE FACILITIES MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country
Phone # ~ Email Address
~ Offering 20+ years of reliable, safe and reportable facilities management leadership ~
Focused and decisive professional recognized for leveraging innovation and creativity to enhance site functionality and operability, while remaining in compliance with cost controls and organizational directives. Works under pressure in time sensitive and critical incident environments. Acknowledged throughout career for a diplomatic manner and good people skills: fosters positive, productive working relations with all levels of the corporate mix, the public, and external agencies. Expert Occupational Health and Safety Act and Public Health Standards knowledge. Fosters best practices for procedural adherence, fiscal accountability, and responsible capital/human resource allotment.
- Physical Plant Operations
- Project & Program Management
- Quality & Safety Management
- Policy & Procedure Development
- Budgeting & Strategic Capital Planning
- Conflict Resolution & Negotiations
- Critical Problem Solving
- Fiscal Accountability & Cost Containment
- Contract Rendering Administration
- Administration & Reporting
- Emergency Response
- Change Management & Integration
- Meetings & Educational Programming
- Scheduled & Preventative Maintenance
QUALIFICATIONS IN ACTION
Stevenson Memorial Hospital, Alliston, Ontario
Promoted to this senior-most facilities role within this 43-bed hospital serving a population base of 50,000 comprised of four townships as well as Canadian Forces Base Borden. Relied upon to deliver stable 24-7 operations of the Maintenance, Operations, Security, Marketed Services and Telephone Services Departments. Establishes, organizes and implements the activities of the Physical Facilities Team to ensure a safe and efficient environment for hospital staff, patients, and public. Hospital is 70,000 Sq/Ft, with a subsidiary 7,800 Sq/Ft Mental Health Centre and a garage totaling 3,100 Sq/Ft. Property is 8.95 acres, of which 5.74 acres is deciduous forest and grassed areas Green Space.
- Regularly interface with inspectors. Deal directly with Fire, Police, Ministry of Health, Technical Standards and Safety Authority and insurance companies.
- Coordinate 12 operational budgets totaling $1.8M from all divisions.
- Central figure serving on the Fiscal Advisory Committee and Occupational Health & Safety Committee.
- Direct in-house training delivery for Fire Response, Flammable Liquids Safety, Occupational Health & Safety Orientation, WHMIS and NVCI Non Violent Crisis Intervention. Bases further development/training opportunities on staff needs.
- Handles the full scope of HR functions including recruiting, hiring, scheduling, departmental training, evaluations, attendance management, disciplining and termination. Identifies individual and team performance metrics. Direct reports include a professional team of 11 with 29 subsequent workers spanning Environmental, Food Services, Electrical, Stationary Engineering, General Maintenance, Painting, and Security positions.
- Vigilantly employ a proactive communication style. Regularly send fire drill and emergency response exercise debriefings, project information updates, current restrictions, and Code Red updates to all staff.
- Without exception, established processes and systems ensuring effective and immediate Facilities response to critical issues. Handled 17 chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) cases during a local workplace noxious agent exposure. Staff trained to handle and act appropriately during in-house fires and false alarms. One of a handful of hospitals in the province with the foresight to secure adequate back up generators, paying off in spades during the 19 hour Blackout of 2003.
- Reversed a former decision to retain paint upgrades costing $50K with a one year warranty to the wood framed, 68 year old Mary McGill Community Mental Health Centre. Strategically sourced a contractor to provide new windows, doors, and vinyl siding with a 50 year guarantee costing just $32K.
- Operates within OPSEU Collective Agreement guidelines including collective bargaining, negotiations, arbitration, interest arbitration, and grievances.
STATIONARY ENGINEER - MAINTENANCE
Stevenson Memorial Hospital, Alliston, Ontario
Selected from multiple candidates to serve in a dual capacity. One of two individuals charged with the reliable facilities maintenance and all associated preventative measures.
- At senior management request, took control of the new 1000 sq.ft. Dialysis Unit Project with a looming deadline. Assessed, headed logistics and fast-tracked completion of outstanding tasks, sourced trades crews to work overtime. Secured CSA sign off on inspection date, including the tenuous water treatment and electrical requirements, allowing the scheduled unit to open on target: the next business day.
Launched career in a Stationary Engineering capacity at Baxter Travenol, now Baxter Corporation, a Pharmaceutical Manufacturer, and at the Saputo Cheese manufacturing plant.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
STATIONARY ENGINEER - Third Class
Technical Standard Safety Authority
Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, AutoCAD Applications, Email and Internet Research.
CHES (Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society)
~ Projects Launched and Completed ~
- 2006 Roof Replacement Project
- 2005 Fire Safety Plan Development
- 2005 Paid Parking Implementation
- 2005 Auto Attendant Implementation
- 2005 Dialysis Water Treatment Room
- 2004 Public Address System Replacement
- 2004 Accessibility Plan
- 2004 WORKSMART Redesign
- 2004 Heliport Operations Manual Development
- 2004 Compressed Gas Safety Program Development & Implementation
- 2003 Telephone Switch & System Replacement
- 2003 Sanitary Sewage Waste Audit
- 2003 Successful Accreditation
- 2003 Pharmacy Relocation
- 2001 Needle Stick Prevention Program
- 2002 New Radiology Suite Room #2
- 2002 New Television Services System
- 2001 LBRP Suites
- 2001 Asbestos Management Plan
- 2001 DI Suite #1 Replacement
- 2001 Bio-Medical Waste Plan
- 2001 Parking Lot Expansion & Renewal
- 2000 WSIB WorkWell Audit
- 2000 Contractor Safety Program
- 2000 Emergency Response Planning
- 2000 Confined Space Program
- 2000 Electrical Safety Program
- 2000 Successful Accreditation
- 1999 Y2K Lead
- 1998 Ambulatory Care Project
- 1997 Contracting Out Of Laundry Services
- 1997 Successful Accreditation
- 1996 Dialysis Suite
Integrity ~ Reliability ~ Experience
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Facilities Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Facilities Manager Resume Sample.