Financial Advisor Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE FINANCIAL ADVISOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
Sales · Account Management · Financial Services · New Business Development Professional
Highly accomplished, detail-oriented professional with over 8 years of experience in client relationship management and financial services. Outstanding record of achievement has resulted in numerous awards and commendations. Demonstrate excellent communication skills and an ability to perform well in a multi-tasking environment. Proven top-notch organizational skills with emphasis on streamlining processes and procedures for enhanced productivity and efficiency. Consistently meet and/or exceed corporate goals and operational deadlines. Exhibit natural leadership skills and an entrepreneurial spirit with a special talent for transitioning strategy into action and achievement.
State Farm Insurance
|Financial Services Representative||3/2006 to present|
Collaborate with clients enabling them to secure a healthy financial future. Sell various life insurance products and mutual funds, automobile, homeowners and health products, and bank products.
- Provide technical financial planning expertise to agent, primarily regarding retirement rollovers, tax planning and variable life insurance.
- Fulfill office management responsibilities in agent’s absence, including reviewing emails, making nightly deposits, monitoring and stocking office supplies and reconciling nightly bank deposits.
- Act as in-house technology expert, troubleshooting and resolving phone, printer, computer and camera issues.
- Mentor and coach office staff on topics such as sales product training and new client acquisition.
- Obtained property and casualty license through self-study and examination during employment.
- Expertly overhauled and streamlined antiquated administrative processes and procedures, resulting in more efficient front office and internal voice mail system.
Ameriprise Financial (formerly American Express Financial Advisors)
Centerville and Manassas VA
|Financial Services Representative||11/2001 to 3/2006|
Successfully launched financial services franchise and solely ran it for a full year. Identified and secured office space, created business plan, managed expenses and conducted sales calls for growth and expansion of business. Conducted initial client meetings to qualify prospects for service, and completed in-depth reviews of clients' financial circumstances, current provision and future goals. Enabled individuals to identify their distinct financial needs and objectives and then recommended plans and products to help achieve goals.
- Designed financial strategies that align with clients’ personal goals and position them for their unknowns.
- Provided clients with information on new and existing products and services and assisted clients in making informed decisions.
- Identified as office advisor and coach and assigned to new hires seeking counsel on sales skills, client meetings and analysis.
- Created a targeted marketing campaign to generate prospective clients. Attended networking events, created print advertising and responded to corporate sponsored leads.
- Analyzed client data and provided written and verbal recommendations in the areas of retirement planning, asset management, income tax planning, insurance planning (life, disability, long term care), estate planning, budgeting and debt management.
- Achieved competitive independent-contract (P2) status in just 3 years of employment, ranking in the top 11% (7 of 77) of employees in office.
- Awarded 1st year top achiever status for reaching challenging production goals.
- Received Mercury award for reaching production goals in first 3 months of employment.
|Intelligence Analyst||6/2000 to 4/2001|
Defined project workflow and developed a project monitoring system, information database, long-term growth strategy and new initiatives for the Business Intelligence market research group.
- Led multi-department efforts requiring complex logistics coordination over a condensed timeline.
- Oversaw research relationships with leading research firms and performed ad hoc and extended research projects.
- Played key role in planning the internal corporate communications strategy and designed electronic newsletter to promote company-wide information sharing.
- Managed daily functions and operations for staff member.
- Considered a department subject matter expert on competitors and products.
|Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA||9/1996 to 5/2000|
|Building Supervisor||8/1999 to 5/2000|
Nominated to hold chair position in the administrative student university center.
- Prepared and maintained professional, athletic, and recreational facilities for daily operations.
- Worked in tandem with other university operational departments.
|Assistant Diving Coach||8/1999 to 2/2000|
Acted in the absence of Head Coach at home and away diving competitions. Led event judging, coordinated meets and managed team activities.
- Taught weekly diving lessons and ensured that students were progressing in a timely manner.
|Head Orientation Counselor||9/1996 to 8/1997|
Supervised the hiring process for 86 orientation counselors. Managed $250,000 budget, raised funds, and co-sponsored events. Worked 30 hours a week and attended head counselor meetings throughout academic year.
- Authored training manual and rolled out five-day training program for orientation staff on topics ranging from power in relationships, diversity awareness, communicating effectively and sexual assault prevention.
- Developed relevant and interactive programs and events with professional staff and students.
Bachelor of Arts in Finance · Carnegie Mellon University · Degree Granted 1999
Licenses and Certifications:
Series 7 - 2/2002 · Life & Health -12/2001 · Series 66 - 3/2002 · Property & Casualty - 4/2006
Certified Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC) - College of Financial Planning - 1/2004
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Financial Advisor Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Financial Advisor resume sample.