Fleet Operations Manager Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE FLEET OPERATIONS MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country
Phone #, Email Address
FLEET OPERATIONS PROFESSIONAL
Offering Multiple Mechanical Certifications & Sound Decision Making
Good communication and interpersonal skills, confidently interacting with people from diverse backgrounds. Hands-on management style, leveraging a progressive career path from frontline automotive support to more senior decision-making roles. Well-versed in staff selection, training, development, performance appraisals and deployment. Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills. Strong record of cost reduction and quality / performance management. Strong advocate of proactive maintenance measures. Superior administrative skills, encompassing budgeting, reporting, insurance and compliance matters. Respected for maintaining a professional and positive demeanor, regardless of the situation.
|Operations Management||Service Improvement|
|Administration & Reporting||Maintenance Standards|
|Planning & Scheduling||Repairs & Maintenance|
|Safety & Security||Regulation Compliance|
|Sourcing & Procurement||Automotive Service License|
|Truck & Coach License||Cost Containment|
QUALIFICATIONS IN ACTION
|FLEET MANAGER – REGIONAL||2002 - 2006|
Accepted this senior most role after continuous promotions since initial date of hire. Relied upon to deliver sound and stable leadership for the full scope of a 500-unit fleet maintenance program for Central Ontario. Prioritized and managed heavy workflow for Brampton, Newmarket, Alliston, New Lowell, Pickering and Nanticoke garages.
- Employed cost-conscious purchasing and procurement measures, obtaining the best prices and quality for equipment, parts, and supplies, utilizing contacts to find dependable contractors and mechanics, and maintaining accurate inventory.
- Strong administrative detailing created and updated all maintenance files.
- Central corporate figure for resource and input. Provided insight into operational needs and budget development for each location.
- Project managed the full bus lifecycle, from setup and delivery, to disposal of old ones. Readied new vehicles by assigning numbers, securing plates and insurance, installing decals and two-way radios, and entering into filing system.
- Regularly audited 10% of fleet monthly for mechanical defects. Recorded and tracked in maintenance files. Efforts rewarded by having fewer Ministry of Transportation requests during their inspections.
- Leveraged dry clean test qualifications by personally conducting the annual checks, saving significant external service provider fees.
- Launched a fleet standardization initiative. Introduced unity in engine types and models for each location to ease repairs process and expedite part retrieval. Reallocated busses during summer months to avoid service disruption.
- Recaptured thousands of dollars annually by vigilantly monitoring and securing warranty claims credits.
- Introduced and conducted training of a computerized fleet maintenance program.
- Fostered a sense of mutual respect among all contacts. Proactively engaged in positive working relations with managers, in-house and contracted mechanics, dispatchers, and schedulers.
2002 - 1985
Recognized for superior work ethic, productivity, and leading-by-example management style. Selected to oversee the performance of three technicians and one wash person. Prioritized and booked work projects. Purchased all parts, tires, fuel and oil. Ensured the completion of all building/ yard work, and snow plow and tow calls. Speced out new buses and disposed of old buses. Willingly contributed to frontline requirements, working 12 hour days to make sure the job was done.
1982 - 1985
Received first supervisory assignment, supporting and monitoring two technicians and one wash person. Honed ability to balance administrative and shop duties for scheduling and purchasing functions.
1982 - 1979
Began career being recruited directly upon receiving training to support all maintenance, troubleshooting and repair functions for the Alliston garage location.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
Truck & Coach Technician License - Ministry of Education & Training
Automotive Service Technician License - Ministry of Education & Training
|ABM 2 Drivers Licence||Propane Installer / Inspector Licence|
|Drive Clean Vehicle Diesel Inspector||Tire Installer Licence|
|Techniques of Accident Investigation||Automotive Electrical & Electronics|
|Commercial Vehicle Wheel Service||Scan Tool|
|Computerized Fuel Injection||Automotive Troubleshooting|
|Brake Balance||Occupational Health & Safety|
|Antilock Braking Systems||WHMIS|
Heating, Refrigerating & Air Conditioning - Environment Canada
CFC/HCFC/HFC Control in the Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Industry
Word, Excel, Cost and Care – Maintenance, Scheduling and Inventory, Email, and Internet Research.
Contributed to the fundraising efforts of the Creemore Fair and the Alliston Potato Festival by coordinating Demolition Derbies and building a park pavilion.
Reliable ~ Experienced ~ Resourceful
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Fleet Operations Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Fleet Operations Manager resume sample.