General Office Assistant Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE GENERAL OFFICE ASSISTANT RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode
Receptionist / General Office Assistant / Data Entry Clerk / Appointment Scheduler
|Fran Smith Accounting & Income Tax Service, Antioch, IL||1999 – 2005|
- Scheduled appointments, answered client calls.
- Collated tax returns for over 100 clients.
- Entered payroll data and reconciled checking accounts for 6 corporate clients.
- Entered prepared journal entries.
- Performed general office duties – filing, copying, faxing, collating. Most of the accounting was done in Easy Accounts.
|TPM International Inc., Antioch, IL||1994 – 1999|
- Worked part-time as the Secretary, Receptionist, Data Entry Clerk, and Dictaphone typist.
- Answered calls from existing clients and forwarded them to the appropriate manager.
- Prepared marketing brochures for mailing.
- Opened and sorted mail.
|Antioch Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Antioch, IL||1990 – 1993|
Data Entry Secretary
- Helped design and typed ads, monthly newsletter, and monthly calendar of events.
- Did Dictaphone transcription of the monthly meetings.
- Handled the billing and payroll preparation for the President of the Chamber.
- Handled the incoming calls with questions regarding Antioch.
- Did general correspondence, mailing and filing.
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Word Perfect, Easy Accounts, Windows XP, Internet, E-mail
Our Lady of Good Counsel, Chicago, IL
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other General Office Assistant Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the General Office Assistant resume sample.