Importing Operations Manager Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE IMPORTING OPERATIONS MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country ~ Phone # ~ Email Address
Operations Manager with 11 years’ experience managing multimillion-dollar importing business with a strong presence in the U.S., Greece, and Turkey. Proven success overseeing sales process, marketing, human resource management, and financial controls. Intimate knowledge of wholesale gourmet and specialty foods market.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Supply Chain Management
Assortment Planning and Merchandising
Warehousing and Distribution
Transportation Planning and Logistics
Product Tracking Systems
Client and Vendor Relations/Sales
Recruiting, Training and Staff Management
Sales Growth and Profit Analysis
Accounting and Annual Audits
- Grew revenues over 400% (from $4M to $17M) in one decade; maintained positive earnings year after year.
- In just four years, transitioned start-up with three additional partners to 100% family-owned firm.
- Shifted company focus from importer, re-packer, and distributor only to include manufacturer and private label packer for some of the industry’s top clients.
- Launched new distribution center to keep pace with expanding operation and new product offerings.
- Maintained exceptional cash flow by collecting payments within 45 days (75 days faster than industry norm).
- Developed filing system that improved retrieval of accounts payable, receivable, and shipment documents.
- Reduced number of order and pricing mistakes exponentially by implementing standardized processes for order taking, order entry, order preparation, invoicing, and order delivery.
- Virtually eliminated occurrences of product shortages and pricing errors and trimmed workload by dozens of hours weekly by co-developing automated system to track and report real time inventory and verify pricing.
- Proactively tracked product sales, class, and customer purchasing patterns by creating customized reports.
- Enhanced revenues substantially by creating demand for company’s signature Castella food products.
- Realized 20% increase in private label sales by repackaging products with more inviting graphics and logo and designing aggressive promotional campaigns.
- In only eight months captured new market share for company brand olive oil; product later became best seller.
- Undertook full P&L, operations, and marketing responsibilities during owner’s absences (six weeks each year).
- Recruited and managed 48 employees in operations, warehousing, and sales.
- First point of contact for customer service issues and sounding board for sales team’s concerns.
Sales Associate, Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty, Huntington, NY
2004 to 2006
Office Manager, Castella Imports, Inc., Hauppauge, NY
1992 to 2003
Accounts Payable Clerk, Sirob Imports, Inc., Lindenhurst, NY
1991 to 1992
|B.S., Business Administration with minor in Marketing, University of Laverne |
Athens, Greece, Valedictorian
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Importing Operations Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Importing Operations Manager resume sample.