IT / Network Systems Engineer Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE IT / NETWORK SYSTEMS ENGINEER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDE STYLISTIC IDEAS AND SHOULD NOT BE
City, ST ZipCode
Home: Phone #
SENIOR IT / NETWORK SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Excelling at Secure Computer, Information & Communications Systems Management
Multi-certified professional with an operational mandate to deliver advanced systems networking and Internet services and support. Business understanding captures the best value by maximizing solid knowledge of technology definition, selection, purchasing, implementation and management. Harnesses astute analytical capabilities and perceptive operational requirements to take advantage of new, emerging and existing technology.
Astute communicator, easily fostering rapport and trust from end-user to executive levels. Especially capable of successfully sharing complex data equally well with experts and neophytes. Lateral thinker, resolving problems right the first time. Motivational coach with extensive experience in building high-performance teams.
Networking Topologies / Protocols: LAN/MAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SNMP, CSU/DSU and fiber connections.
Platforms: Windows XP/XP SP2/NT/Server, Term Server, SQL Server Microsoft and Pervasive, Exchange Server, DOS 6.22, Netware 4.11, Linux, and MAC OSX.
Software: MS Office Suite, Outlook, FrontPage, WordPerfect, CorelDraw, PC Anywhere, NetOp, PCDuo, Remote Desktop, GoToMyPc, LogMeIn, Attachmate, Reflections, Accutran, DOEnet, Munipol, Seagate Backup Exec 10, CA ArcServe, and Lotus Notes R5.
Hardware: Dell and Toshiba Certified Product and System Services, Compaq Server and Desktop Products, Intel Processors, 3Com, Cisco and Bay Networking Products.
|DL COMPUSERVE, NV||9/1993–Present|
Director, Business Technology and Security
Launched operations as ISP service, securing 200+ clients in an extremely competitive market. Met LAN needs of dialup PPP accounts and multiple virtual domains via a combination of NT, Sun Netra and Linux servers. Sold client portfolio and retooled operations to form a total solutions provider to the 10 to 50 node network market. Currently supporting the complete range of cabling, software and staff training functions for diverse, growth-oriented client facilities. Firmly established reputation as a consulting firm that delivers real value in the form of increased high quality/low maintenance IT solutions with the intuition to foresee both growth and flexibility.
- Technical Proficiency: Relied upon to execute and configure internet mail servers with web access and pager notification, primary/backup domain controllers, and primary/secondary DNS.
- Delivered stabilized telnet and ftp provisions, PC Anywhere TCP/IP remote administration, MS Internet Information Services.
- Successfully configured 72 port terminal server and Cisco 2501 routers. Lend web page design and HTML skill-set when required.
- Network Security: Vigilantly exerted protective Disaster Planning & Recovery measures. Structured virus and spam-filtering firewalls to stave off large-scale pharming and phishing attacks.
- Needs Analysis: Quickly determined client needs and executed total productivity-gaining technology solutions. Master of customizing client-specific, proprietary needs.
- Currently meeting the unique requirements of a 50 user printing company with $5M in annual sales, a multi-million dollar bakery generating 600+ weekly invoices, an international auto parts manufacturer, and CNBC’s economist: Lawrence Kudlow. Installed a remote out of state site connected with dedicated frame relay for Ingersoll Rand-Northland Equipment.
|CYBER, Inc.Smith Falls,NV||9/2000–12/2001|
Project Manager, System Administrator
Brought on board to project manage the telecommunications and IP based connectivity during the inaugural phase for this business continuity, disaster recovery, continuous data protection and content distribution needs service.
- Sourcing & Procurement: Compared and negotiated competitive pricing for phone systems, voice mail, email, LAN/WAN technologies, PDAs and video conferencing devices. Further, secured favorable costing for all associated office equipment, consumables CAT5 cabling, printers, copiers, postage meters, security and electricity.
- Leadership: Coordinated the efforts of a 25-member technician team. Lent expertise to ensure flawless LAN/WAN connectivity, uniform installation of five servers, reliable back-up procedures, and rigorous applications and equipment testing. Arranged all logistical considerations from an unexpected office move.
- Systems Support: Assigned administration identities for user, permissions and shares to delineate each user’s level of network access. Employed exceptional customer service by offering 24-hour telephone support for remote and international users.
|TECH HOUSE, INC., Smiths Falls, NV||9/1998–12/1999|
Manager, Technical Services
Stepped up to the challenge of directing 15 technicians supporting on and off site hardware, software installs and wide area network support services to approximately 300 clients.
- Profit Attainment: Streamlined number of service visits to enhance corporate value-proposition.
- Management: Sourced and acquired talent. Conducted staff training and guidance. Administered budget.
|MARCEL, FROST, & NOBES, Smiths Falls, NV||2/1997–5/1998|
Desktop Support Team Leader-Client Services Specialist
Selected to formulate the tactical planning for launching software rollouts and installing/supporting WIN95 and WINNT workstation services in a multi-server LAN/WAN corporate campus environment. Central figure for launching software rollouts, installation and troubleshooting of Functioned fluently in Outlook, Exchange, Lotus Notes, Attachmate, Reflections, Clintrace, Oracle database connectivity, Netware and NT login scripts. Aligned all work to conform to global standards.
- Client Relations: Provided customer support equally well for Senior Executive/VP Staff, associated support staff, and in-house help desk team members.
- Team Lead: Point of reference for three desktop support technicians with 2000 end users in two locations. Executed advanced troubleshooting, diagnostics, testing and documenting of Toshiba laptops, Dell, Compaq, HP and IBM compatibles.
Earlier Work: Police Officer, Township of North Bergen (1985–1997). In addition to frontline service, staffed 911 call center to dispatchemergency personnel.
Microsoft Certifications: MCP Specialist -Windows NT 4.0 Server, MCSE Certification, Windows NT 4.0 Server Installation and Administration, Windows NT 4.0 Workstation Installation and Administration, Exchange 5.0 & 5.5 Server Installation and Configuration, TCP/IP Configuration and Troubleshooting
Avaya Certifications: Lucent Definity Basic Administration Class #BCH
Lotus Certifications: Help Desk Support Class #HS210
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other IT/Network Systems Engineer Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the IT/Network Systems Engineer resume sample.