Manager of Meetings Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE MANAGER OF MEETINGS RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|· Ten years meeting planning experience. |
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills in a multi-task customer service environment.
· Work well as a team leader/member applying the principles of continuous quality improvement.
· Proficient in working with operating systems, office suites, personal information managers, Web page authoring programs, graphic layout, faxing and accounting programs.
|Independent Contractor, Washington, DC|
|1998 - Present|
|Sole Proprietor in establishing and managing meeting based contracts. |
· Developed effective systems for accomplishing project goals, in the context of convention planning, to meet client project timeframes and outcomes successfully.
· Provided contracting services for meeting/event locations, external vendors and catering.
· Created and administered an in-house convention database and process to organize convention registrants and payments, concurrent sessions, food and beverage arrangements, audio visual needs for presenters, and meeting room setups.
|SFB and Associates, Washington, DC|
|Manager of Meetings and Technology, 1995 - 1998|
|Senior Manager with full responsibility for the strategic planning, budgeting, implementation and management of a trade association's convention and technology functions. Managed four annual conventions, MIS and Internet activities. |
· Enhanced internal and external conference operations to deliver a consistent profit while exceeding membership expectations.
· Directed the development and implementation of a new convention registration system that maximized attendee customer service and the organization of registration data.
· Managed computer consultant, convention staff, volunteer recruitment and hired temporary convention employees.
· Coordinated all microcomputer hardware/software installations and maintained association's Internet Web site.
|SFB and Associates, Washington, DC|
|Manager of Meetings, 1995 - 1998|
|Manager responsible for pre-site and on-site and post convention planning and management of all association-sponsored conventions. Handled site selection, contract negotiation and signing, conference brochures, staff management, registration set-up and implementation and acted as point of contact for industry salespersons and vendors. |
· Supervised and managed two 400 person conferences from agenda creation, speaker recruitment, brochure publication, hotel specifications and staff/resource allocation management.
· Successfully introduced a new budgeting process to the association.
|Maxwell Management, Alexandria, VA|
|Manager of Conventions and Exhibits, 1992 - 1995|
|Supervising manager for association's annual conference consisting of 1,500 people, 120 exhibiting companies and 50 concurrent sessions. Responsible for all outside vendors, site selection, contract negotiations, program layout, advertising and logistics. |
· Attained consistent growth in exhibit space and revenue through developing and implementing exhibitor recruitment/retention programs and by coordinating sales agendas.
· Increased annual conference attendance for two consecutive years through a combination of direct mail programs, fax broadcasting, trade-out advertising and brochure design.
· Maintained year-round contact with conference exhibitors while exploring new relationships with industry vendors, suppliers and advertisers to ensure support of the association in the future.
· Spearheaded in-house registration policies, procedures and database development.
· Increased advertising revenue 200% by creating a marketing program targeting past and current exhibitors.
|University of Virginia, Richmond, VA|
|B.A., Liberal Arts|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Manager of Meetings Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Manager of Meetings resume sample.