Medical Records Technician Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE MEDICAL RECORDS TECHNICIAN RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode
Phone # · Email Address
Medical Billing / Medical Records Technician
Dedicated, experienced professional with recent training in medical billing, medical terminology, and ICD-9-CM coding. Strong organizational, communications, and project management skills. Calm demeanor under stress; cooperative team leader. Proven multi-tasking / operations support skills. Adept in:
| || || |
KEY SUPPORTING SKILLS
- Administration: Diverse administrative expertise includes directing nationwide CHART (California Hospital Association Review Team) Program for American Hospital Association, managing seven-county sales territory in south central California, and maintaining large, upscale apartment complexes.
- Time Management: Demonstrate top-notch organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and multi-task. Developed records management systems to expedite back-office operations for sales generation, residential and retail property management, and meeting and event planning.
- Communications: Employ proactive problem-solving communications skills to generate “win-win” scenarios. Effectively communicated special situations and potential problem areas to management.
- Personal Strengths: Conscientious in following through on commitments and deadlines. Mature, discreet team player with experience interfacing with high-level executives and corporate clients.
|Medical Records Technician Program, The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ||2006|
Courses: Medical Terminology, Advanced Medical Terminology, Medical Billing, ICD-9-CM Coding
Associate of Arts Degree, San Diego Community College, San Diego, CA
|Estate and Health Care Management, Princeton, NJ||2004 – 2006|
- Administrative Management: Acted as prime interface with 60 physicians, nurses, hospice, attorneys, CPA, stockbroker and insurance companies for elderly parents with progressive, debilitating illnesses. Managed health care appointments and treatment, and daily living arrangements onsite.
- Records Management: Submitted insurance claims and tracked insurance reimbursements. Oversaw distribution of $1 million estate. Arranged sale of house and distribution of all household goods.
|Manufacturer’s Representative||2001 – 2004|
Pacific Printing, San Diego, CA and Elegant Communications, Inc., San Francisco, CA
Independent contractor representing fine gift, paper/stationary, and greeting card lines for two businesses.
- Account Management: Grew accounts by 45% (from 175 to 250) and increased sales by 20% in seven-county south central California territory. Generated 25 new key accounts (such as Yellowstone Park gift shops) through thorough market research, competitive market analysis and persuasive prospect interaction. Provided personalized customer service that generated 100% customer retention.
- Customer Relationship Management: Developed strong client communications networks, building relationships with 250 buyers for retail stores, museums, hospital gift shops and nurseries. Educated buyers in 60 lines of merchandise, updating them on retail trends and demographics-driven marketing.
|Residential Property Management||1999 – 2001|
Excelsior Properties, San Raphael, CA (2000-2001), and Seaside Views, San Diego, CA (1999-2000)
- Administrative Management: Managed two upscale apartment communities (up to 516 units), with monthly rent collections of $432,000. Supervised on-site leasing, as well as 18 maintenance and grounds staff. Closely controlled $2500 per month expense budget, monitoring five vendor services. Oversaw renovation of 35 apartment units, coordinating workflow and scheduling of carpet, flooring, paint, and fixture vendors with tenants.
- Customer Service: Maintained 92% residency rate and achieved 98% on time rent collection by developing proactive tenant relationships programs. Initiated educational newsletter for tenants, as well as open-door policy for tenant complaints. Credited with stabilizing the tenant community through lawful evictions of known drug dealers.
|Retail Property Management||1994 – 1999|
Townsend Group Companies, San Diego and San Francisco, CA
- Administrative Management: Initiated and developed specialty leasing programs for three major developers (12 regional shopping centers) in high-profile metropolitan areas. Maintained high occupancy rates (95%) by actively recruiting retailers for year-round common area, as well as developing long-term, favorable leases for in-line sales operations.
- Program Management: Conceptualized and supervised design projects for kiosks and store décor, as well as for marketing communications (brochures, print advertising and directories). Developed and met program budgets, generating in excess of $500,000 for each shopping center annually.
|Meeting and Event Management||1993 – 1994|
California Hospital Association, San Diego, CA
- Program Management: Served as Director of CHART (California Hospital Association Review Team) Program. Traveled statewide conducting peer review meetings for 8 to 10 state hospitals. Wrote reports based on participant feedback and critical observations and analysis of policies and procedures. Recommended policy and methodology changes, 90% of which were implemented by the Boards of the state hospitals.
- Customer Service: Facilitated in-house discussions on-site of hospital personnel and management at all levels to increase quality assurance, strengthen employee relations, improve customer service and streamline processes and procedures. Initiated and encouraged constructive dialogs among groups that had a history of communication breakdowns.
- Training in Medical Billing software, Medical Records databases, and ICD-9-CM coding.
- Experienced in composing and editing letters, memos, marketing communications and reports.
- Utilize Windows XP, MS Office 2003 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Internet Explorer, email.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Medical Records Technician Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Medical Records Technician resume sample.