Personal Defense Attorney Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE PERSONAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Member, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the Philadelphia Bar, and the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.|
Pennsylvania State University
Pennsylvania State University
Defender Association of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
1999 - Present
|• Conduct complex litigation in Common Pleas and Municipal Courts. |
• Clients included both adults and juveniles, with a background in handling delinquent/dependency, mental health and elderly cases.
• Involvement in all aspects of litigation including preliminary hearings, pre-trial motions, trials, post-trial motions, and sentencing.
• Extensively researched and reviewed both statutory and case law, and utilized strategic planning to formulate defense.
• Counseled and prepared clients and witnesses for court, including interviewing and trial investigation.
• Established priorities and expedited workflow of over 90 cases weekly.
• Met all court deadlines timely and accurately.
• Remained calm in crisis situations and made logical decisions under immense pressure.
• Interrelated with people of all ages and backgrounds, including extensive interaction with prosecutors, courtroom staff, judges, and judge's staff.
Court of Pleas, Chicago, IL
Law Clerk / Student Law Clerk
1998 - 1999
|• Assisted in preparing criminal judicial opinions. |
• Wrote memoranda related to PCRA petitions, omnibus pre-trial motions and post-sentence motions, and other orders of the court.
• Conducted legal research and analysis on state and federal statutory and case law.
• Managed outstanding motions list. Filed court reports -- First-Degree Murder forms and Pa.R.J.A. 703 reports with the Administrative Office of the Pennsylvania Courts (AOPC).
• Monitored and minimized courtroom downtime. Assisted in preparing civil judicial opinions and disposed of outstanding civil cases remaining on the docket, including civil settlement conferences.
Citizens Criminal Defense Fund, Chicago, IL
CERTIFIED LEGAL INTERN
1997 - 1998
|• Oversaw three misdemeanor cases in conjunction with law school clinical program. |
• Contacted and interviewed bailed and incarcerated clients.
• Conducted preliminary field investigations.
• Researched and prepared for preliminary hearings and summary trials, and negotiating pleas.
Court of Pleas, Pittsburgh, PA
VOLUNTEER STUDENT LAW CLERK
1996 - 1997
|Performed research on various legal issues pertaining to family law (civil and criminal). Prepared legal briefs and other paperwork. Observed and assisted in the courtroom.|
The Law Offices of Branston Hicks, Pittsburgh, PA
STUDENT LAW CLERK
1995 - 1996
|Close interaction with this solo practitioner. Performed research on employment law which entailed sexual, racial, and national origin discrimination, and sexual harassment. Prepared complaints for federal district court suits. Wrote legal memoranda.|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Personal Defense Attorney Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Personal Defense Attorney resume sample.