Public Relations Director Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE PUBLIC RELATIONS DIRECTOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Marketing, communications and public relations professional with 10 years of experience. Currently promoting a billion-dollar subsidiary of a major Fortune 500 company. Primary emphasis on extending the advertising budget through the development of strategies for increased visibility, and establishing name recognition in partnership with other prominent corporations and organizations. Highly successful experience securing and developing infomediaries as company spokespersons, as well as providing expert opinion resources for reporters. Earned top recognition and awards for community activities, marketing campaigns, media campaigns, media relations, internal publications, and advertisements. Additional experience over 5 years as a news director, media consultant, writer, and reporter provides the added benefit of understanding the media and knowing how to build a company's image through the creation of newsworthy stories.|
Quaker Penn Oil, Houston, Texas
1992 - Present
|Public Relations Director|
|• Currently working in conjunction with the founder of Toy Tips to produce and distribute an exclusive magazine to over 3 million travelers that will promote family fun and safety. Partnerships include Universal Studios, Pepsi, Hyatt's Vacation Stations, JC Penney and Curad, with several others pending.
• Pitched the company spokesperson and car care expert successfully to local and national television and radio shows, and magazines in seven of the top 25 media markets. Recent media tour incurred a 3% investment with a return of close to $.5 million in publicity value.
• Distributed new car safety tips to millions of prospective buyers in 1999 through a partnership with the National Highway Transportation Safety Association. All costs for printing and press kit development were underwritten by the government.
• Established Quaker Penn Oil as a partner in America?s Promise, focusing on automotive safety.
• Received the American Marketing Association?s Crystal Award for the 1998 Buckle Up America initiative, in partnership with Fisher-Price, Department of Transportation and National Highway Transportation Safety Association that influenced six million people regarding safe car seat installation.
• Reached more than eight million people with a grassroots distribution of air bag safety guidelines in 1997 for the Kids in the Back, Everyone Buckled campaign in conjunction with the Department of Transportation and National Highway Transportation Safety Association.
McDermott International, New Orleans, Louisiana
1989 - 1992
|Public Relations Manager|
KBJ-TV, Morgan City, Louisiana
1986 - 1989
|Assistant News Director|
Louisiana House of Representatives, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1983 - 1988
Morgan City Archives, Morgan City, Louisiana
1983 - 1986
The Daily Review, Morgan City, Louisiana
1981 - 1983
UNIVERSITY OF ST. THOMAS, Houston, Texas
|Bachelor of Arts, Marketing/Communications|
|Member of the Lambda Pi Eta National Communications Honor Society|
|Public Relations Society of America
American Marketing Association, Public Relations Committee
International Association of Business Communicators
The White House Project, Publicity Committee
The Houston Press Club
Women's Advisory Board, National Car Care Council, Consumer Issues Committee
Convenient Automotive Services Institute, Consumer Awareness Committee, Oil Change Interval Subcommittee
Automotive Parts and Accessories Association, Consumer Awareness Committee
Climate Neutral Committee
Children's Organ Transplant Association Advisory Board
American Heart Association, Houston Chapter, Publicity Committee, Chairman of the Broadcast Subcommittee
|Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Office 97 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Corporate News (media delivery), Photoshop, PageMaker, and Adobe Illustrator. Pioneered computer process for the media through corporate news.com, as well as PR Track.|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Public Relations Director Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Public Relations Director resume sample.