Regional Sales Manager Transportation Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE REGIONAL SALES MANAGER TRANSPORTATION RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Senior sales representative with e-commerce experience and knowledge of customized business-to-business solutions, combined with a 7-year history in sales in the transportation industry. Utilized consultative selling techniques throughout a multiple-level process. Interacted with executives and high-level decision-makers from small companies to Fortune 100 corporations. Completed an e-commerce professional training program at a major university and earned a bachelor's degree in transportation logistics. Proven record of success solving problems, managing multiple tasks, and following through with clients to insure that expectations are met and exceeded. Computer skills include Microsoft Office Suite.|
FreightWise, Inc., Fort Worth, Texas
2000 - Present
|Regional Sales Manager|
|(Owned by Burlington Northern Sante Fe, General Electric Co., and Canadian National Railroad)
Managed a territory throughout the Western United States for startup Internet corporation for the transportation marketplace. Introduced and sold new technology by conducting presentations to executives and managers who represented shippers, carriers, third party service providers, inter-modal marketing companies, and manufacturers.
• Grew territory from ground zero to over 100 accounts.
• Used WebEx for the sales presentation and to train new clients, reducing travel time and expenses.
• Led a team involved in creating a new enrollment development process which contributed to an increase in number of accounts, provided a faster and more complete service, reduced follow-up time, and improved account activation.
• Gained an overall understanding about the development of an Internet business, including creation of business plans to provide direction.
Stolt-Nielsen Transportation Group, Houston, Texas
1996 - 2000
|Regional Sales Representative|
|Marketed and sold domestic rail and inter-modal transportation services throughout the Gulf Coast Region. Managed a $5 million territory with approximately 30 accounts. Maintained sole responsibility for sales within the domestic division. Cross-sold throughout the whole supply chain, including terminals, barges, parcel tankers, and tank containers. Called on executives and managers within chemical and other bulk liquid companies. Negotiated contracts ranging from $12,000 to $500,000. Bargained for reduced rail rates.
• Achieved 109.4% of budget year-to-date in 2000, 112.9% in 1999, and 105.8% in 1998.
• Assisted other areas of the business, including operations, customer service, invoicing, billing, and tracking.
• Served as the only sales representative on a team of managers that developed a rail tracking system that became an added-value income producer for strategic accounts and greatly improved customer service.
The Kroger Co, Columbus, Ohio
1995 - 1996
|Managed all LCL receiving operations and supervised a staff of up to 20 dock laborers and forklift operators. Operated a computerized warehouse system and observed the entire distribution process.
• Achieved a 90% rate for Proctor & Gamble deliveries that allowed Kroger to receive discounted rates.
Freedom Medical, Columbus, Ohio
1992 - 1995
|Generated the sale of therapeutic beds, scooters, and motorized wheel chairs throughout Columbus. Manned booths at trade shows to promote the business. Average contracts ranged up to $5,000.
• Selected to oversee the development of delivery routes.
• Participated in selling products within other states.
Southern Methodist University
|E-Commerce Professional Program|
|Program included: Networking Fundamentals, Internet Business Fundamentals, Building Web Documents with HTML, E-Commerce Planning (Key Issues and Strategies), E-Commerce Issues and Concepts, TCP/IP Internetworking, and Vendor Solution Overview.|
Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
|Bachelor of Science, Business Administration|
|Majored in Transportation Logistics|
|• August 2000 - i-Net Certification - Internet Development, Site Functionality and Design, Troubleshooting, Business Concepts, Networking and Internet Basics, Protocols, Servers and Their Functions, Internet Clients, Configuration and Use, and Network Security
• July 2000 - E-Commerce Planning: Key Issues and Strategies Certification (Hycurve 2200)
• June 2000 - Planning Website Requirements Certification (Hycurve 1250)
• June 2000 - Planning Website Requirements Certification
|Transportation Club of Houston
Southwest Chemicals Association
Alumni of Ohio State University Transportation and Logistics Association
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Regional Sales Manager Transportation Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Regional Sales Manager Transportation resume sample.