Residential Construction Manager Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address • City, ST ZipCode, Country • Phone # • Email Address
MANAGER — SALES • RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION
- High energy professional with 15+ years construction management and sales experience. Recognized for superior work ethic and productivity. Good verbal and written communication skills facilitate conveying project requirements and delegating tasks.
- Exceptional organizational and supervisory skills; capable of prioritizing and managing heavy workflow. Detail-oriented and driven to achieve goals. Able to turn around troubled projects to meet challenging goals and objectives.
- Thrive in a team- and results-oriented environment; possess talent to motivate and work with people across a complex organization; promote a commitment to high standards of excellence in customer service.
|Braxton Homes – Richmond, Virginia |
PRODUCTION MANAGER, Washington DC Division
|2002 – Present|
- Conduct customer pre-construction meetings. Stake out house foundations and manage all site work. Schedule and supervise all trade contractors, ensuring compliance with quality control and safety procedures.
- Schedule and conduct pre-settlement walk-through with homeowner to insure customer satisfaction and with inspectors to verify materials and workmanship meet all codes.
|Metropolitan Management – New Castle, Pennsylvania |
INDEPENDENT SALES / DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
|2001 – 2002|
- Introduce financial products to home builders in 7 states (from Pennsylvania to North Carolina), providing a pathway to needed finances.
|Bel Vista Homes – Butler, Pennsylvania |
AREA MANAGER of CONSTRUCTION AND SALES (2000 – 2001)
|1995 – 2001|
- Trained construction and sales staff for mid-sized builder with 17 branches in 4 states. Maintained high level of customer service and satisfaction. Introduced new products.
- Secured qualified vendors and subcontractors; consistently negotiated highly favorable agreements and contracts up to $300K. Purchased materials and managed inventory, including cost analysis of vendor-supplied items. Reviewed all invoices.
- Dialogued with potential and new property owners. Assessed customer’s needs and explained cost and benefits of construction material in relation to these needs.
|SALES MANAGER||(1997 – 2000)|
- Directed sales cycle from greeting to contract. Helped with bank financing and closing. Member of $2 million sales club.
- Promoted builder at home builder shows and coordinated open houses at model homes.
|MANAGER OF CONSTRUCTION||(1995 – 1997)|
- Built homes from stake out to carpet installation. Reviewed plans with customers. Scheduled all phases of work. Ordered materials. Revised plans as conditions indicated. Controlled waste and overages.
- Oversaw construction of over 40 homes in the $150K range from onsite preparation to completion. Hired and coordinated work schedule of 10 to 22 subcontractors. Interfaced with architects and local and state inspectors.
- Ensured completed work and materials met established specs; reviewed blueprints with contractors and inspected work in progress to confirm compliance. Inspected completed homes for quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
|Carlson Homes – Clarion and Sharpsville, Pennsylvania||1992 – 1995|
|SALES REP||(1993 – 1995)|
|CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR||(1992 – 1993)|
- Recruited from subcontractor framer to Construction Supervisor for mid-sized builder with 35 branches, building 1,200 new homes annually.
- Selected to transition to sales team, setting up new branch office in Clarion, Pennsylvania. Rented office space, recruited subcontractors, hired and trained office staff. Increased annual sales from average of 18 to 40 homes. Achieved membership in $3 million club. After 5 months, branch showed $40K profit.
- Assigned to Sharpsville, Pennsylvania branch with the challenge to turn-around poorly performing branch, which was $70K in the red. Broke even within 2 years.
|Sanderson, Inc. – Grove City, Pennsylvania||1992 – 1993|
|INDEPENDENT SALES REP (part time)|
- Licensed in all lines of insurance.
|Long Construction Co. – Clairton, Pennsylvania |
OWNER / CREW LEADER
|1985 – 1993|
- Specialized in building new homes, garages and additions. Melded knowledge of construction, frame carpenter, blueprint reading and designing. Prepared estimates; ordered supplies; scheduled subcontractors.
|Robert J. Huston Co. – Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania |
|1982 – 1985|
- Managed inventory control, customer accounts, store-to-store deliveries.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS
National Association of Home Builders, Member
Emergency Disaster Team of the Red Cross, Appointee
Board of Trustees; Administrative Board, Member (church)
EDUCATION / CONTINUING EDUCATION
NAHB sales and construction seminars — National Association of Home Builders
Diploma, Business and Travel, 1977, Boyd Career School – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Telephone Sales Techniques • Computer • Keyboarding
Confidentiality Request: Please do not contact current employer
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Residential Construction Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Residential Construction Manager resume sample.