Sales Director Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE SALES DIRECTOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Director of sales with over 15 years experience working for multinational corporations. Manage new product line and operations.|
1998 - Present
|Generated the sale of a customized accounting solution throughout the Eastern U.S. Participated in a team effort, working in conjunction with one other director and five regional sales representatives to manage a $4 million sales operation. |
• Hired for a start-up operation in a new market and grew sales from $300,000 to $4 million within one year.
• Assisted in planning marketing strategies and sales plans.
• Developed policies and procedures for the sales team.
• Started as a regional sales manager responsible for sales throughout a portion of the Atlantic Coast and Midwest.
Lincoln, Beale & Frank
1996 - 1998
|District Sales Manager|
|Managed sales operations throughout a $15 million territory in North and Northwest Houston. Supervised 10 marketing associates. |
• Received award for achieving a 23% increase in sales and 22% in gross profit.
• Achieved 191% of sales plan and 183% of quota for gross profit.
• Secured new business development opportunities.
• Attained ranking in top 1% of district managers nationwide.
1995 - 1996
|Director of Sales|
|Managed all sales operations with $5.5 million in annual revenue, and supervised 5 sales specialists who called on purchasing agents, business owners, general managers, and chefs. |
• Recruited to start a new division, based on experience as a district manager.
• Increased weekly sales from $8,000 to between $95,000 and $110,000 per week.
• Maintained responsibility for researching and developing a product line that grew to 300 items.
• Developed sales projections for 1997 at $7 million, with the addition of two new marketing associates.
• Worked on securing multi-unit accounts.
• Created a training program on domestic and imported products.
1992 - 1995
|District Sales Manager|
|Managed a region with $13 million in annual revenue. Supervised 10 marketing associates who called on purchasing agents, business owners, chefs, and general manager. |
• Achieved an 11.5% increase in sales in 1995 in a soft market.
• Involved in negotiating and securing contracts with major hotels, such as Doubletree Hotels.
Baker and Baker, Inc.
1984 - 1992
|Sold perishables (meat, dairies, poultry, seafood, frozen vegetables, and beverages) with $2.8 million in sales in 1991-1992 fiscal year. |
• Achieved a 257% increase in sales and 230% in gross profit for first year.
|•||Microsoft Windows NT and 98.|
|•||Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and Act! (4.0).|
|EDUCATION AND TRAINING|
|B.A., Business Administration|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Sales Director Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Sales Director resume sample.