Sales Event Manager Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE SALES EVENT MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|PHARMACEUTICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE|
|Enthusiastic and diligent salesperson who is customer service and results oriented. Over 7 years of experience in Sales, Marketing and Hospitality, courting Fortune 500 companies and building a strong repeat business of premium-priced products. Special expertise in forming long-lasting relationships due to attention to detail and providing personalized, upbeat service. Proponent of systems and technical solutions to improve productivity, reduce administrative tasks and increase selling and customer service time. Always looking for creative ways to meet diverse client needs.|
RIVER RUN GOLF CLUB, BERLIN, MD
2003 - Present
|SALES & EVENT MANAGER|
|• Grew golf and event sales to $1.3 million direct contribution to profit within 3 years, with an 18% increase in average rate, golf rounds tripled, and catering revenue doubled.
• Built repeat sales and repurchase/rebook client rates to 90-95% within 3 years.
• Achieved highest area market share with 12,000 golf rounds per 8 month season.
• Established bulk passes program to facilitate corporate purchase of these transferable, pre-paid rounds. Generated $110,000 in revenue.
• Developed all sales materials and collateral. Wrote copy, compiled history, took photographs, scanned images, and created several versions of sales kits that can be customized to the client's needs. Bought software and created electronic versions that can be instantly sent to prospects via email to increase likelihood of immediate sale.
• Sourced local printer through networking and negotiated deal to get full color collateral materials printed despite extremely limited marketing budget.
• Initiated a direct mail campaign and promotional ideas despite limited marketing budget. Took own photographs and delivered half of the mailing via email to save dollars and cater to customer preferences. Created idea to have valet tickets in local Marriott's promote River Run Golf Club.
• Prepared annual business marketing plan for event sales and the food and beverage department, including goals, review of business and annual budget.
• Created ongoing competitive analysis process and systems. Critically assess practices, services, prices, facilities, amenities and operational considerations versus area competition. Recommended immediate changes to improve and outshine competition.
• Developed specs and requirements for new office computer system. Sourced vendors, negotiated purchase and set up office network to facilitate quicker and more efficient data and communication.
• Enhanced office and personal productivity by automating administrative details. Created intricate database system that creates complete client file in single location. Includes contact, billing and history with all records of conversations and agreements attached to the contract in database. Single process generates personalized emails, thank you notes, and client evaluations. Reduced the need for secretarial support and increased selling and customer service time.
• Eliminated lost leads and lost opportunities. Devised new system for lead tracking to reduce lost and incomplete leads. New form and tracking database enables other managers to gather essential information for effective sales follow up on 300-500 leads per year.
• Developed new procedure to evaluate event headcount attrition and overage to ensure accurate account billing, and manage efficient use of inventory/tee times. Crafted new spreadsheet to track event performance and profitability, and used analysis to improve forecasting, billing and scheduling procedures.
• Introduced pricing flexibility model to maximize profits while balancing customers' budgets. Use historical data, competitive information, Marriot's master database and knowledge of the customer's business to set pricing tiers and adjust as necessary. Focus on upselling repeat customers for new services.
• Created customized Power Point sales presentation targeting top-tier hotels. Presentations to hotel sales managers and sales teams resulted in an immediate 35% referral return rate.
• Grew River Run Marriot hotel referral business 70% within 5 months. Secured access to hotel reservation system, identified prospects, contacted them directly and offered golf incentive packages for their event.
• Developed and cultivated stronger referral business through key recommenders. Researched databases of meeting planners and hospitality professionals, destination management companies and developed targeted list of prospects. Created "Hospitality Invitationals," events with lunch, golf and dinner plus prizes as a way to introduce and experience the property and high level of service.
• Created annual "Client Appreciation Event" with luncheon, awards dinner, raffles, and gifts. Former clients are invited to bring guests and decision makers. Contributes to high annual re-booking rate of top customers.
• Introduced thank-you follow-up promotional gifts for clients customized to their personalities, hobbies and interests. Select, purchase and distribute name brand golf merchandise or gift certificates for favorite non-golf stores and restaurants.
VIRGINIA OAKS GOLF CLUB, GAINESVILLE, VA
1998 - 2001
|TOURNAMENT SALES DIRECTOR|
Reported to Director of Golf and ran/managed up to 100 tournaments annually for this semi-private facility.
• Grew business 30% in outing rounds and 11% in average rate paid per round.
THE PGA TOUR, LAKE MANASSAS, VA
|THE PRESIDENTS CUP, SALES AND MARKETING INTERN|
|Attended to needs of corporate sponsors, supported media personnel, assisted tournament players and VIP tournament guests, and contributed to course preparation and set-up for this prestigious international golf tournament. Observed firsthand the need and expectations for detail-oriented service among high level/celebrity players, corporate clients & international dignitaries.
• Cold-called major corporations to secure sponsorships and generated leads for sales team.
• Led volunteer recruitment, registration and training efforts.
• Created comprehensive area Information Handbook for volunteers to improve service to guests.
• Handled multiple area consignment ticket operations and reconciliation of funds.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
|Communication Studies with a Concentration in Public Relations|
|Master Negotiations - The Corporate Performance Institute
Foundations of Leadership - Marriott Management Training
Effective Presentations - Marriott Management Training
Sales and Service Foundations - Marriott Management Training
Effective Selling - Cobblestone Golf Corporation
|Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
ACT! 2000 - Database Software
Lotus Office Suite
PALM 3M Applications
|Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI)
Greater Washington Society of Association (GWSAE)
Greater Reston and Fairfax County Chambers of Commerce
Meeting Planners International (MPI)
Meetings Industry Ladies Organization (MILO)
|PARTIAL CLIENT LIST|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Sales Event Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Sales Event Manager resume sample.