Senior Writer Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages and disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE SENIOR WRITER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country
Residence: Phone # • Cellular: Phone #
Email: Email Address
SENIOR EDITOR / WRITER
- Internal & External Communications: Ten-plus years’ experience creating compelling articles, marketing materials, promotional documents and trade publications; recent experience in Web content / online editing.
- Publications: Prolific author with wide cross-section of articles and feature stories published in magazines, Web sites and industry journals.
- Web Portfolio: Visually appealing, interactive presentation of written work, including cutting-edge stories, news features and special projects at www.kareneversley.net
- Team Player: Adept at building effective working relationships with content programmers, photo editors, promotion managers and publishing staff
- Technical Skills: Mac, PC, Word, WordPerfect, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Adobe Photoshop for Newspapers and Avid Xpress Pro
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
MA in Interactive Journalism – American University, Washington, DC (2006)
BA in Public Communication – State University of New York College at Buffalo, NY (1994)
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) License (1989)
Hands-on experience and academic training in:
|• Advanced Editing||• Marketing Materials|
|• Article / Feature Writing||• Digital Storytelling|
|• Public Speaking||• Multimedia Reporting|
|• Press Release||• Brochures|
|• Promotional Copy||• Proofreading|
|• Newspapers / Magazines||• Online Publications|
|• In-depth Journalism||• Web Studio|
|• Layout & Design||• Headline Writing|
|• Web Content Creation||• Online Editing|
|• Print Media||• Newsletter Creation|
Editor, America Online, Dulles, VA
|(2005 to present)|
- Serve as copy editor for high, traffic, interactive company Web site with approximately 20 million paid subscribers and hits from 35 million visitors daily.
- Revise and edit “raw” script content into concise, audience appropriate copy for major topics and events, including health, entertainment, commerce and movies.
- Attend production and bimonthly network meetings to discuss upcoming promotions and special events; contribute unique story ideas to boost Web site readership.
- Support production managers to ensure smooth transition in Web content display and monitor deadlines.
Editor, American Newspaper Association, Vienna, VA
|2003 to 2005|
- Translated broad information from wide variety of sources including field experts and phone/email questionnaires into engaging feature articles for bimonthly trade publication, Newspaper Marketing reaching 5,000+ readers.
- Compiled and reviewed submissions from freelancers, colleagues, and other contributors to create editorial calendar; facilitated blue line, page count and final print production.
- Played key role in the upgrade and redesign of magazine from layout, color selections and font size; worked closely with senior vice president and creative services department.
Marketing Coordinator, A+ Marketing Solutions, Fairfax, VA
|2001 to 2003|
- Authored profile stories, “how-to” and trend feature pieces for international industry publications, les nouvelles, esthetiques and DERMASCOPE.
- Developed full range of marketing and publicity documents—media pitch letters, press releases, brochures, banners and direct mail; wrote copy for special events.
Communications/Events Director, Harpers Golf & Country Club, Sterling, VA
|1999 to 2001|
- Managed corporate communications for community of over 1,500 residents and club members.
- Launched monthly newsletter, The Harpers Horn, and grew publication from 4-page pamphlet to large size, 24-page color publication; enhanced publication with graphics and encouraged advertisements from local businesses.
- Contributed and wrote main articles; edited entire publication and oversaw entire print production process.
Public Affairs Assistant, Northern Virginia Association of Realtors, Fairfax, VA
|1997 to 1998|
- Researched current industry events and issues, conducted interviews and wrote relevant articles for monthly trade publication, Realtor Keys, which served over 13,000 regional realtors.
AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
The Online News Association
American Writers Association
Additional portfolio of writing samples available upon request.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Senior Writer Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Senior Writer resume sample.