Strategy Consultant Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE STRATEGY CONSULTANT RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address • City, ST ZipCode, Country • Phone #
Booz Allen Hamilton · PricewaterhouseCoopers · Deloitte Consulting
Turn-arounds · Spin Offs · Post Merger Integration · Outsourcing · IT Enterprise Integrations · Business/Alliance Development
Eight years of experience across multiple innovation-intensive industries including software, financial services, semi-conductors, telecommunications, defense, and healthcare. Successful at building and leading go-to-market teams and establishing and sustaining long term senior client relationships. Thought leader and award-winning, published subject expert in outsourcing, IT enterprise integration, and information security. Proven business developer with strong track record of winning multimillion-dollar engagements in unique markets and bridging market sectors to improve firm’s competitive positioning.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Technology Driven Transformation
||New Business & Operation Model Strategy & Design
|Senior Associate, BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON, INC., New York, NY||2001-Present|
CLIENT ENGAGEMENT HIGHLIGHTS
Reversed rapidly declining share price for struggling mid-size DSL chipset company and created immediate two dollar per share premium for investors.
- Partnered with C-suite executives to develop investment recommendations within an aggressive six-week deadline to deploy a $150M cash balance the company had accrued in a quickly consolidating and slowing DSL market.
- Investigated options including courting potential suitors to acquire the company, identifying potential merger or acquisition targets in adjacent technology markets, and acquiring technology and licenses and patent rights to enable entrance into similar technology markets.
- Pitched plan to fold company back into operating portfolio of largest shareholder to maximize return for investors.
Contributed to $1B reduction in auto company’s IT outsourcing costs by providing framework for down-streamed bid management /deal negotiation process in conjunction with largest outsourcing deal of all time.
- Retained to create a sophisticated strategy to segment outsourcing portfolio and sequence bidding to maximize negotiating leverage and minimize operational risk.
- Structured global executive workshops to engage key leaders and drive consensus on best outsourcing practices.
- Completed all phases of project before existing contract expired, allowing overall $3B outsourcing program to progress to the next stage on schedule.
Developed business case for multi-hundred million dollar government increase in overall IT security and R&D and influenced reprioritization of current IT security spending for the Office of the Secretary of Defense by evaluating and recalibrating +$2B IT security portfolio.
- Partnered with CIO and senior information assurance leadership team to structure and execute time-critical three-month strategic assessment of the IT security spending portfolio.
- Surveyed private sector innovation, collaboration, and technology investment best practices and within the first six months connected 100+ network security companies with potential buyers and accredited security evaluators.
- Maximized scarce analytical resources by conducting review of skill sets, work methods, and computing utilization.
- Created strategic valuation framework to help Senior leadership focus on critical factors needed to make judgment calls on performance against objectives of current spending and identify gaps in short/long-term R&D goals.
Re-engineered flawed $200M core systems replacement program and corresponding deliverables for leading financial services company to ensure audit compliance and timely completion of project.
- Assembled team to help CIO and management team develop an expeditious turn-around plan to stabilize the program and reset expectations regarding delivery schedule and cost.
- Developed sequential deployment plan that minimized risk and satisfied FDIC auditors by reviewing program portfolio and categorizing projects based on execution health and business criticality;
- Spearheaded creation of a program management office to successfully manage the systems integration moving forward.
Delivered IT integration associated with $8B Fortune 500 pharmaceutical acquisition at cost 20% below original projection and one month ahead of schedule.
- Led cross-functional team of consultants and clients to develop PMI approach for IT and data assets.
- Evaluated company’s drug development systems/applications and recommended integration strategy that met both the business objectives of senior management and the validation requirements of the Food and Drug Administration.
- Segmented and parceled integration issues out amongst small number of specialized, but competing firms allowing client to aggressively negotiate support costs averaging 60% below historical norm without sacrificing quality.
- 2005 winner of Booz Allen’s annual global contest to recognize firm’s best new intellectual capital. Contributing author and senior team advisor on “Getting More from Outsourcing” market viewpoint.
- Co-author of four of Booz Allen’s most consistently downloaded pieces of I/T intellectual capital (Perspectives on Enterprise Application Architecture, Perspectives on Enterprise Data Management, Methodology for I/T Post Merger Integration, and Best Practices in Program Management Office (PMO) Design).
- Lead author of “Business Implications of Grid Computing”, technology and market analysis in support of a CMP Media sponsored web cast in December, 2005.
- Team lead for survey of Fortune 500 executives exploring the implications of information security on the rapidly growing outsourcing market entitled “The Booz Allen Outsourcing Security Survey”. Findings highlighted in article on Outsourcing Risk in Strategy & Business, Booz Allen’s Strategy and Management Quarterly. (November 2005)
- Contributing author of, “Org DNA: Cracking the Code on I/T Execution”, published with CIO magazine as part of Booz Allen’s global campaign to promote Org DNA (Spring 2003).
- Team lead of Booz Allen study highlighted in both The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal addressing urgent shortage of board level executive talent needed to serve the nation’s nearly 800,000 non-profit organizations (Spring 2002).
- Secured $25M in new business despite deep industry recession by targeting untapped U.S. Intelligence market.
- Boosted firm revenues nearly 20% and rebounded firm to the vanguard of GMC consulting innovation by facilitating collaboration between firm’s private and public business segments.
- Earned recognition as one of first teams to successfully bridge market sectors; established numerous best practices which continue to be successfully employed throughout the firm.
|Principal, Senior Consultant, PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS, New York, NY||1999-2001|
Part of a start-up team working to establish a technology strategy practice following the merger of Price Waterhouse and Coopers & Lybrand. Client engagements included turn-around and growth strategy projects for software companies in the ERP and CRM space. Also worked on a number of internal initiatives preparing the consulting business for sale to outside bidders.
- Garnered $6M in initial funding for failing multinational ERP vendor by creating spin-off strategy and business plan for one of the company’s most strategic and heavily capitalized R&D efforts.
- Recognized as one of top contributor’s to firm’s intellectual capital for an innovative 1999 article accurately forecasting many of the fundamental business model changes impacting the music industry today, specifically the rise of a viable, legal, and secure market for downloadable songs.
|Manager, Senior Consultant, DELOITTE CONSULTING, New York, NY||1997-1999|
Managed numerous systems integration projects for health plans, hospitals, and other healthcare providers.
- Promoted early to engagement manager within two years based on exceptional ability to effectively manage complex projects with significant technology components.
Yale School of Management, M.B.A., Strategy & Finance, 1997
Yale School of Medicine, M.P.H., Health Policy with Distinction, 1997
University of Colorado at Boulder, B.A., Political Science (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa), 1993
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Strategy Consultant Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Strategy Consultant resume sample.