Bookkeeper Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages and disadvantages.
In addition, you may search for resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with keywords by industry.
THE BOOKKEEPER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
To secure a position in Accounting and Finance where I can use my bookkeeping and managerial experience to become an asset to my employer.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 20 years of business experience.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting.
• Strong background in Finance and Accounting methodologies and practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Highly creative and intuitive problem solver.
• Strong motivator, supervisor, and trainer.
• Commitment to work that furthers the growth and wholeness of individuals and the company.
• Personable, articulate, poised, and professional with both top management and support staff.
• Working knowledge of Spanish and French Creole. Fluent in the Dutch and Russian languages.
Full-charge Bookkeeping and Accounting
Performing full charge bookkeeping and account management through financial statements and assembled documentation for year-end audits and respond to auditors’ inquiries. Expertise includes, but is not limited to:
|• Accounts Receivable and Billing||• Inventory Control|
|• Budgeting||• Prepared Bank Deposits|
|• Accounts Payable||• Fixed Assets Analysis|
|• Bank Reconciliation||• Automated Payroll|
|• General Ledger||• Financial Account Analysis|
|• QuickBooks Accounting Software||• Windows 98|
|• ADP Payroll||• AS/400|
|• Proprietary Company Software||• MS Word and Excel|
Supervision and Training
Supervise Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable department. Provide training to develop, maintain and enhance good customer relations as well as ethical accounting practices.
Initiative and Innovation
Established and directed a non-profit organization program for women in transition from welfare to work or in their place of employment. Oversaw the following responsibilities:
• Accounting and finance procedures.
• Writing grants and proposals for state funds.
• Overseeing the overall operation of the organization.
Reed Securities, New York, New York
1997 – Present
Baker Storage, Inc, Elizabeth, New Jersey
1993 – 1997
|Jr. Staff Accountant|
Designers Unlimited, New York, New York
1986 – 1993
|Assistant Finance Manager|
Lynn Cordova, CPA, New Rochelle, New York
1980 – 1986
|Full Charge Bookkeeper|
Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
AWARDS AND HONORABLE RECOGNITIONS
• Certificate in Neighborhood Leadership Initiative – Community Foundation.
• Certificate in Parent Leadership – Parent Organizing Parent Strategy by State University.
• Parent Facilitator Certificate – State University.
• 1999 Excellence Award – Category of Volunteerism.
• Outstanding Achievement in Mathematics – Institute of Technology- EOF.
• Outstanding Academic Award – County College.
• Academic Excellence Award – County College Education Opportunity Funds (EOF).
• Performing Arts Award – Cultural Association.
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples and CV templates, resume samples and resume templates.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your CV or resume. So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview using cover letter writing tips.
Other Bookkeeper Resume Sample Info
If your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email your Bookkeeper resume through an international job search to job recruiters worldwide.
To be successful in your country job search and get the jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for a visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Check the job interview dos & don’ts and other job search skills pages. Find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permits, cover letters, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Bookkeeper resume sample.