Marketing Manager Occupation, Job and Career
Marketing Manager Nature of Work
Marketing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial, wholesale and e-business sales, marketing, advertising and public relations. Marketing managers are employed by commercial, industrial and wholesale establishments, marketing and public relations consulting companies and by government departments.
Marketing Manager Employment Requirements
- Marketing managers require a university degree or college diploma in business administration or in a related field with a specialization in sales or marketing and
- Several years of experience as a sales or marketing manager or in a related occupation.
Marketing Manager Duties and Tasks
Marketing managers may perform the following tasks:
- develop and implement appropriate strategies by selecting, segmenting and targeting markets, and promoting products and services to those markets
- develop plans in relation to advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling and sales management
- identify and analyze an organization’s strengths and weaknesses, and respond to opportunities and threats in the marketing environment
- make decisions regarding products such as labelling or packaging
- make decisions regarding the distribution of products, manage store image or undertake direct marketing
- manage distribution channels such as shops and wholesalers
- set goals for market share and growth
- undertake marketing audits to monitor sales performance
- undertake new-product development
- work out an approach to pricing and set prices for products and services
Marketing Managers Example Titles
- Marketing Director
- Promotions Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Web Marketing Manager
Marketing Managers Work Conditions
Marketing managers may have to work in the evenings or on weekends and may be required to travel for business. Marketing involves working with and gaining the cooperation of people in specialist areas such as technical experts, production managers, accountants and advertising agents.
Marketing Managers Personal Requirements
- able to analyze and interpret information
- able to work as part of a team
- able to work independently
- organizational skills
- very good communication skills
Marketing Manager Related Occupations
- Advertising Manager
- Retail Trade Manager
- Sales Manager
- Senior Manager
Marketing Related Industries
Marketing Related Resumes
- Business Marketing Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Director of Marketing resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- General Manager Sales & Marketing resume sample in the combined format
- Marketing and Advertising Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Marketing and Brand Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Marketing and Communications Director resume sample in the combined format
- Marketing and Sales Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Marketing Communications Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Marketing Director resume sample in the combined format
- Marketing Executive resume sample in the combined format
- Marketing Manager resume sample in the combined format
- National Accounts Marketing Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Product Marketing Director resume sample in the combined format
- Product Marketing Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Senior Executive Marketing and Sales resume sample in the reverse chronological format
You may search for marketing careers right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your CV or resume.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invites you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win the interview and get the job you want.
Other Marketing Manager Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting the jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for a visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the marketing manager occupation!