The best-written resume based on a good resume sample is worthless if no one sees it!
THE RESUME SAMPLES PROVIDE STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
There are various formats of the resume:
- The chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your first job and ending with your most recent position. It is not popular as most recruiters and employers prefer the reverse chronological resume starting with your current active position and typically have the start date listed to present or the current year. It is most often confused with the widely used reverse chronological resume format.
|Accountant||Construction Process Engineer||Librarian||Senior Writer|
|An extended list of resume samples in the chronological resume format|
- The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. This is an increasingly popular resume format.
- The reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Current active position on a resume typically has the start date listed to present or the current year. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. This is the format preferred by most job recruiters and headhunters.
- The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
- The keyword resume format. The standard resume, no matter how effectively prepared, written or presented, is no longer adequate to meet the demands of electronic applicant scanning & tracking. A new resume style, utilizing keywords and phrases, has developed. It must contain an adequate description of the job seeker's characteristics and industry-specific experience presented in keyword terms in order to accommodate the electronic and/or computer process.
|Software Consultant||Software Developer||Construction Equipment Sales Specialist|
|An extended list of resume samples in the keyword resume format|
The electronic resume format often called a keyword resume, must contain an adequate description of the job seeker's characteristics and industry-specific experience presented in keyword terms in order to accommodate the electronic and/or computer screening process.
To make your search for the right resume samples we also list them in:
Regardless of the format, you choose the focus of your resume should be to persuade the employer to invite you for an interview. Choose the resume format/style that best highlights your strengths to employers. To make your resume preparation task easier you may take a look at the following resume samples by industry.
To make your resume preparation task easier you may take a look at keywords & phrases,resume samples and resume templates.
Check the spelling and grammar of your resume. Use the word processor's spell and grammar checker. If you are not confident of your ability to detect grammatical, punctuation and usage errors in English or other language or if you need help in organizing your resume, bring it to a professional for assistance.
Remember that your resume must be targeted and scannable.
If you have difficulty with your resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use resume samples and resume templates.
We recommend that you send your resume together with a cover letter.
Other Resume Samples Info
Now to finalize the Resume Samples topic, if your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email them through an international job search to job recruiters and headhunters worldwide.
Start preparing for job interviews and check the job interview tips dos and don'ts. Also, find out why people are not being hired.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permits, cover letters, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you will find very useful tips for many different countries.
Good luck with our resume samples.