The best-written resume is worthless if no one sees it!
In recent years it becomes increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with a current resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your resume.
However, you should manage your online presence and eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online resumes should not include sensitive information as they could show a lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
Resume Samples by Industry
THE RESUME SAMPLES PROVIDE STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
There are various formats of the resume:
- The chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your first job and ending with your most recent position, which is applicable to most job-hunters but is not popular as recruiters prefer the reverse chronological resume format/style.
- The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types/styles. The format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. This is an increasingly popular resume format. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
- The reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. This is the format preferred by most job recruiters. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages.
- The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
- The keyword resume format. The standard resume, no matter how effectively prepared, written or presented, is no longer adequate to meet the demands of electronic applicant scanning & tracking. A new resume style, utilizing keywords and phrases, has developed. It must contain an adequate description of the job seeker's characteristics and industry-specific experience presented in keyword terms in order to accommodate the electronic and/or computer process.
- The electronic resume format often called a keyword resume, must contain an adequate description of the job seeker's characteristics and industry-specific experience presented in keyword terms in order to accommodate the electronic and/or computer process.
Regardless of the format, you choose the focus of your resume should be to persuade the employer to invite you for an interview. Choose the resume format/style that best highlights your strengths to employers. To make your resume preparation task easier you may take a look at the following resume samples by industry.
Resume Samples by Industry
If you did not find your resume sample above you may find it in sample resumes by career situation.
Check the spelling and grammar of your resume. Use the word processor's spell and grammar checker. If you are not confident of your ability to detect grammatical, punctuation and usage errors in English or other language or if you need help in organizing your resume, bring it to a professional for assistance.
Remember that your resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use resume samples and resume templates.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview using cover letter writing tips.
Other Resume Samples by Industry Info
Good luck with our resume samples by industry.