Job Search Internet
People are using the Internet for job search, career advice, networking tips, resume and CV samples and lots more. Don't have access to the Internet? Many libraries allow you to set up your own free account. Community agencies may also offer free computer access. You may use Internet Cafes if no other free access is available in your area.
Job Search on the Internet
The job search methods and job search services described here are for your benefit. Based on this information you should be able to make an educated selection of the most suitable and effective way to take in hunting for your new career, position, work, employment or job in desired industry and location.
Looking for a job should not be a full-time job! You may search for a job right now. However, when you find one you must apply for it with your current resume or CV. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, take a look at the resume/CV and cover letter writing advice.
Many people believe that online services like free job search, Country Job Search or Job Search in Country are all equal or as good as job search services also known as job search engines. No, this is inaccurate because these services are designed for different purposes. Let us explain in some detail:
- free job search at search engines - Some people say that you can find your new job at search engines like Google or Yahoo. Yes, you can but ... you can research companies and recruiters if you know their Internet addresses. If you know such addresses, do you think that they have jobs waiting for you? Do they have a job you are looking for? Do they have a job that is suitable for your qualifications, skills and in your desired location? How long would take you to find one suitable for your job - a day, a week, a few weeks? That cost you your time. Time is money. So, is it really free? Isn't it better to leave this task to professionals and utilize your time for something more efficient?
- free job search services - there are hundreds of them online. However, nothing is for free. Most often you need to register to leave your name and email address. They "protect your privacy" - but who guarantees this? They are much smaller and less resourceful than the leading job search engines. Most often they are getting their jobs from the job search engines in the first place. Usually, they cover small areas like a city or town and list jobs from the local newspapers. They are good for small jobs like trades, sales or temporary jobs. If you are seeking other jobs, you may need to look at free job services associated with bigger towns.
- resume/CV posting services - this is a passive job search. Your resume/CV and cover letter must be ready for posting. You select resume/CV posting services and submit your job application to them. They will post your resume/CV to the database of resume and CV posting companies. This is a better way than previous methods but you are going to compete with many other job seekers. Your resume will be posted among millions of other job seekers.
- resume/CV distribution services - this is what we would call a semi proactive job search. This approach is definitively better than all the above ways. You submit your resume/CV to a resume and CV distribution services company. Such companies maintain their own databases of employers and recruiters. You select them by selecting your desired job locations and types of jobs. After payment, your job application will be distributed.
- job search engines are also known as job search services - this is the most effective and proactive step you can take in finding your new career, position, work, employment or job in your desired industry and location. You may browse through jobs or search for jobs for free and you do not need to register or leave your email address like in other so-called "free job search services" above. You may do so by selecting the keywords, locations or type of jobs. You may also narrow your job search by combining these selections. Then when you click the "Find Jobs" button or hit the "Enter" key on your keyboard the job search engine searches for a job listed on all of the major job boards, newspaper sites, niche industry sites and corporate job sites.
- Also, use other Job Leads.
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples and CV templates, resume samples and resume templates.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your CV or resume. So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview using cover letter writing tips.
In recent years it becomes increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with your current CV or resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the CV/resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your CV/resume.
However, you should manage your online presence. Eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online CV/resume should not include sensitive information as they could show a lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
When you completed your job application, you are ready to submit it to employers and Job recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invites you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win the interview and get the job you want.
Other Job Search Internet Info
To be successful in your job search and getting the jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the job interview, you may apply for a visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at the dress code because how you dress is one of the most important attributes in being hired.
Good luck with your job search internet and avoid these job search mistakes!