Machinist Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
In addition, you may search for resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with keywords by industry.
THE MACHINIST RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Position utilizing extensive training and experience in machine installation, set up, programming, operation, and repair, as well as a solid background in staff training and supervision.|
|• Maintained high-tech mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic production machinery on the manufacturing floor.|
• Participated in estimating team, with responsibility for determining mould and machine efficiency.
• Worked with a variety of machines, including injection moulding machines, three-dimensional mills, horizontal boring mills, grinders (external, internal, and surface), lathes, and CNC machining centres.
• Supervised staff of automotive technicians and machinists, assigned work, arranged personnel and work schedules, and provided expertise and assistance.
• Trained machinist apprentices and functioned as a lead machinist on the third shift.
• Performed machine failure analysis and redesigned “problem” moulds to improve efficiency and reliability.
• Contributed to new-build mould projects for three-dimensional components with extensive contouring.
• Interacted extensively with manufacturing and production engineers on design and production modifications.
• Repaired and maintained machine shop and production equipment, such as laser welders and fusion welders.
• Inspected injected and moulded machined parts and determined changes.
|EDUCATION AND TRAINING|
Spokane University, Spokane, Washington
|Specialized training in:|
80-Hour Unigraphics Fundamentals, 2000
Unigraphics V13-V15 Cam Transition, 1999
Introduction to Windows, 1996
Spokane Community College, Spokane, Washington
|A.A.S., Electrical Technology|
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
|Certified in Engine Repair, 1986|
Washington State Apprenticeship in Machine Repair
|Certified Journeyman Machine Repair-Machinist|
Specialized Tools, Inc., Spokane, Washington
1993 – Present
|Machinist – Specialty Tool Room|
1989 – 1993
Seattle Automotive, Seattle, Washington
1986 – 1989
Remember that your resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use resume samples and resume templates.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your CV or resume. So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview using cover letter writing tips.
Other Machinist Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and get the jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for a visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Check the job interview dos & don’ts and other job search skills pages. Find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permits, cover letters, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Machinist resume sample.