SearchLab is seeking a veteran SEO professional to manage our growing SEO team. This management position is responsible for improving the performance of our team of passionate SEO Team Leads and SEO Consultants, as well as serving as the penultimate point of escalation for clients.
The SEO Team Manager will directly manage 6 SEO Team Leads and Senior Consultants and oversee the day-to-day activities of the team and their book of clients. The SEO Team Manager will be responsible for introducing, improving, and enforcing processes to keep our team and clients happy and successful.
Summary of Duties
- Identify and audit the SEO campaigns of potentially high-risk clients and help the team craft solutions to solve poor performance.
- Serve as the penultimate escalation point for client issues, collaborating with the appropriate team lead.
- Regularly review team lead audits to ensure the quality of work and substance of feedback to elevate our team’s campaign strategy.
- Manage a growing team of passionate SEO Consultants and 4 Team Leads. Ensure the team is productive, follows internal processes correctly, and holds individuals accountable to our shared expectations.
- Regularly audit the team’s workflows to ensure client goals and timelines are met.
- Assign new clients to team members and ensure a smooth transfer of clients to team members as the need arises.
- Diligently offboard leaving clients from the CRM and help measure team performance.
Inspire Team Growth
- Hire, onboard, and oversee the training of new team members
- Oversee weekly team breakouts to discuss emerging and important SEO industry trends and other professional development opportunities.
- Hold weekly 1-on-1 meetings with SEO Team Leads
- Conduct biannual performance reviews with team members.
- Resolve underperforming team member issues with escalating consultations and performance improvement plans.
- Celebrate team wins publically and share problematic patterns openly with senior management
- Manage team incentives and SPIFs to celebrate the team’s success.
- Contribute to a healthy culture that continues to attract and retain a diverse group of high-performing team members.
- Exhibit SearchLab’s Core Values
- Conduct weekly meetings with SEO Team Leads to ensure alignment and resolve obstacles to the team’s work.
- Participate in cross-departmental meetings with other managers to keep a healthy relationship with peers in other departments.
- Research, create, and maintain new processes to succeed with our clients
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with select external partners and vendors.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience in link-building
- Experienced in keyword research and competitive analysis
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Looker Studio, and Google Business Profiles, as well as standard SEO tools (e.g. SEMRush)
- Past people and/or program management experience.
- Enjoys working as part of a team and with external clients
- Curious and active learner who seeks out professional development
Ideal candidates exhibit:
- Experience with task management tools, such as Monday or ClickUp.
- Strong consideration for candidates with Local SEO experience
- Strong consideration for candidates with 5 or more years of SEO experience
- Exceptional knowledge of Google Sheets
- Understanding of the role AI plays in SEO workflows