Resume Distribution to Job Recruiters
Looking for a job is a game of percentages
You cannot afford to spend too much time chasing too few job opportunities.
As part of your overall strategy, you might want to do a targeted mass e-mailing also called resume distribution. This would allow you to contact a lot of companies simultaneously through a resume distribution company.
Depending on your career objective, the best resume distribution might go to hundreds of job recruiters, hiring managers and companies in different industries and locations – but should be addressed to the right person no matter where you send it.
The targeted approach takes a skilful hand at job resume writing. It requires quite a bit of preparation. You must immediately show the reader what you can do for them. This is no small feat, considering that the person you are writing to has not, in most cases, advertised an open position.
Why you should do the resume distribution?
With your resume distribution:
- You reach thousand of employers, job recruiters and executive headhunters, so they can find for you the jobs, careers or employment in the USA, Canada or overseas,
- You target your job search by selecting work locations and industry classifications so that your resume go only to these recruiters who are seeking candidates with your qualifications and each email will be personalized for you by addressing it to the company name and a real person’s name and/or title,
- You enter into a hidden job market,
- You get recruiters who know where jobs are,
- You do NOT have to be limited to positions open at the moment, since most employers and recruiters will keep your resume live on file for six to twelve months,
- You save time, leaving you to focus your effort elsewhere,
- You save money:
- Postage alone for 100 resumes in large envelopes – how much would it cost?
- This does not include the cost of expensive stationery and the time necessary for researching companies looking for you, printing etc.
- You make money by starting your new job earlier,
- You are not limited to a one-page resume,
- You can develop workable leads through the contacts that call you,
- You give yourself new employment opportunities to explore,
- You discover whether you are earning what you really deserve.
Remember that your resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use resume samples and resume templates.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your CV or resume. So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview using cover letter writing tips.
In recent years it becomes increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with a current resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your resume.
However, you should manage your online presence. Eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online resumes should not include sensitive information as they could show a lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
Other Resume Distribution Info
Now to finalize your scannable resumes topic, if your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email them through an international job search to job recruiters and headhunters worldwide.
Start preparing for job interviews and check the job interview tips dos and don’ts. Also, find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permits, cover letters, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you will find very useful tips for many different countries.
Good luck with your resume distribution!