The best-written chronological resume is worthless if no one sees it!
In recent years it becomes increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with a current resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your resume.
However, you should manage your online presence and eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online resume should not include sensitive information as they could show a lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
Librarian Resume Sample
This chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your first job and ending with your most recent position and can highlight career growth. This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the chronological resume advantages & disadvantages.
This resume is often confused with the reverse chronological resume that lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. For this reason, most employers prefer the reverse chronological resume format, which becomes the most popular resume format.
THE LIBRARIAN RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
|Street Address||Home: Phone #|
|City, ST ZipCode||E-mail: Email Address|
- Results-oriented professional with extensive experience in diverse areas of library science, research and retrieval, information desk management, cataloguing, and documentation.
- Skilled in researching and retrieving information within library settings.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of research tools, library holdings, and the Dewey Decimal System.
- Ensuring compliance with library policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive background in records management, report generation, and data entry.
- Excellent leadership abilities concerning team initiatives.
|Philadelphia Public Library – Philadelphia, PA
|1992 – 1997|
- Managed all facets of library science within a high volume branch.
- Researched library holdings and retrieved information relating to various research topics.
- Provided a high level of support relating to all operational matters.
- Spearheaded the development of electronic database records for new materials.
- Executed the logging of bibliographic and circulation history successfully.
- Prepared paperwork related to the acquisition and return of nationwide inter-loan materials.
- Handled all areas of cataloguing efficiently.
- Facilitated children's Read Aloud programs for small groups of elementary students.
|Erie Public Library – Erie, PA
|1998 – present|
- Played a key role in identifying needs, researching diverse subjects, locating in-house materials, and securing resources through inter-library loans for all patrons.
- Maintained full responsibility for Community Information Reference collection.
- Utilized the Internet to answer reference questions on the diverse subject matter.
Bachelor of Science, Library Science
Rutgers University New Brunswick, NJ
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use resume samples and resume templates.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your CV or resume. So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview using cover letter writing tips.
Other Librarian Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting the jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for a visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Librarian resume sample.