Personal Support Worker Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country
Phone # ~ Email Address
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
~ Emphasizing Quality Resident Care & Staff Relations ~
Dedicated, patient-focused and vibrant professional offering comprehensive frontline long-term care setting experience. Strong work ethic and clinical skills. Proficient in medical terminology, processes and equipment use. Readily establishes rapport and a sense of trust with patients of various ages, cultures, and socio-economic backgrounds as well as with peers, physicians, support personnel and visiting families. Strives to provide the best possible care, keeping the needs of patients foremost in mind. Resourceful and well organized. Maintains composure and makes decisions in unpredictable and stressful environments. Without fail, projects a polished, positive and professional demeanour.
- Direct Patient Care (Long Term/Continuity)
- Assisted Living & Home Healthcare
- Patient & Family Communications
- Employee & Physician Relations
- Sound Decision Making
- Charting & Records Maintenance
- Clinical & Technical Skills
- Confidentiality Assurance
- Workload Prioritization
- Community Involvement & Fundraising
PRIVATE PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
2005 to Present
Confidential Client, Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Contracted to serve as the primary liaison for the coordination of services and care between this adult male client and the medical community to ensure cohesiveness and continuity of patient care, and to extend rehabilitation benefits. Manage medical aspects of care including administering prescribed medication. Maintain accurate and complete medical and administrative records.
NON-CERTIFIED TEACHER & LUNCH ROOM SUPERVISOR
2005 to Present
Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board, Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Approached by the Principal to contribute to classroom instruction and student support functions in supply teacher and lunchroom supervisor capacities at St. Noel Chabanel School. Flexible nature accepts assignments in a variety of classes.
- In addition to paid accountabilities, serve the school in a volunteer capacity in support of the Reading Recovery Program within the Primary Division.
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (PSW)
2000 to 2005
Victoria Order of Nurses, Pembroke, Ontario
Initially known as a Senior Visitor Program volunteer for this 80-bed long term care, retirement and respite facility. Once qualifications were earned, retained to deliver frontline care. There were 80 permanent residents ranging in age from 40 to 102, with conditions spanning dual diagnosis and Alzheimer’s, to drug dependency and Down Syndrome. Well-versed with the full scope of proper lifting techniques and all associated lift/transfer mechanisms. Fed and bathed residents. Experienced with a catheter and colostomy care, taking blood sugars and temperatures, and blister pack medication distribution. Flexible nature willingly worked all shifts and accepted call-ins.
- Consistently demonstrated staff camaraderie, fostering a high level of team unity and cooperation. Partnered with the full scope of a 45-member in-house unionized personnel and external community service multi-disciplinary healthcare teams for optimal patient care.
- Adhered to policies, objectives, quality assurance and workplace safety regulations while employing a sound comprehension of legal and ethical aspects of client care and confidentiality.
- When assisting with the requirements of daily living, implemented a caring approach while promoting independence as much as possible.
- Selected by the Executive Director as the PSW Representative for the VON Accreditation Committee. With 11 others, set processes in place to earn accreditation. Personally spearheaded a new care plan format to facilitate faster data retrieval with more emphasis on the client and pertinent information.
- Regarded as a reliable resource. Assisted RPN’s with mini and psychogeriatric assessments. Relied upon to mentor new hires.
- Contributed considerable unpaid hours as a Fundraising Team Member. Headed the logistics for the annual yard sale to support funding for items like exercise equipment, games, craft materials and bingo supplies which benefited the residents. Also contributed to the annual dinner/auction by sourcing sponsors to donate items and services to offset operational expenses for this not-for-profit facility. Successfully raised $5 – 8K per year.
- Applied and accepted to replace the Recreation Director for a four-month term. Launched a host of life-enriching initiatives for the residents and their respective families including Tai Chi classes and the installation of a horseshoe pit. Headed efforts to introduce a Mother’s Day fashion and high tea gala featuring 25 residents modelling ladies apparel from local event sponsors. With 125 attendees, garnered extensive media coverage for the seniors and the facility. Hosted a father-son Father’s Day horseshoe tournament.
Earlier work includes Data Technician, Colour Technician and both Regular and Reserve service with the Department of National Defence as a Supply Technician.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER DIPLOMA
- Community Involvement & Fundraising
- Suicide Prevention
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness
- Depression in the Elderly
- Feeding & Choking
- Mental Illness
- CPR / Standard First Aid
Word, PowerPoint, Email, and Internet Research.
In addition to the volunteer roles highlighted above:
ParentCouncilSchool Committees in WasagaBeach and Petawawa.
Started the Angel Project at St. Noel Chabanel School in 2005: Raised $600 through a student “loonie/toonie” campaign then purchased Christmas presents for 11 residents of the Wasaga Seniors Residence. Accompanied 8 students to the residence to sing songs, meet the residence and deliver the gifts. On track for doing this again in December 2006.
~ Compassionate & Quality Care ~
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your CV or resume.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Personal Support Worker Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting the jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for a visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Personal Support Worker resume sample.