Sales and Marketing Representative Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE SALES AND MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country
Phone # • Email Address
Project Manager / Operations Manager
Project Facilitation · Product Management · Sales and Marketing · PR
Proactive Project Manager with 20 years of progressive experience and expertise in project/operations leadership and problem-solving roles for start-up, early-stage growth, and Fortune 500 companies. The leader in introducing systems methodologies and processes that streamline operations, increase revenues and profits and achieve quality, production, and cost. Proven expertise in:
Keen understanding of commercial business priorities…a genuine team player committed to managing operations and projects while contributing to business development and revenue-producing activities.Cross-functional communications and interpersonal skills. Easily interface with high-profile business clients, manufacturers, distributors, consultants, staff, vendors, governmental agencies, media and others.
PHARMA SOLUTIONS MARKETING, INC. (PSM), West Long Branch, NJ
January – June 2006
- Leading consumer pharmaceutical marketing services firm specializing in patient relationship marketing. PSM markets 4 of the top 10 best-selling drugs in the world. Fortune 500 clients such as Pfizer, Wyeth, and J&J.
- Recruited to direct cross-departmental project management for 6 divisions. Reported to President and CTO.
Project Management / Operations Management
- Managed multiple overlapping projects (40 within 6 months) from launch through client delivery for 12 Fortune 500 clients. Directed and monitored operations and administrative logistics (controlled budgets up to $2 million) keeping projects on schedule and within or under budget. Pinpointed and eliminated bottlenecks, including project realignments involving changing client demands and vendor constraints.
- Led 12-member cross-divisional team through the project management cycle for million-dollar-plus projects lasting 3-4 months. Within the first 2 weeks of hire built team consensus on $2.5 million projects. Created a collaborative team environment with a focus on quality, customer service, and cost-effectiveness.
- Introduced continuous process improvements (e.g., workflow optimization, systems upgrades, and resource levelling) which increased efficiency by 10%, slashed error rate by 75%, and accelerated client satisfaction. Developed and maintained up-to-date project status reports/files (computerized and manual).
- Transitioned weekly 14-member project status meetings, comprised of the executive board and department heads, from day-long events to 30-minute highly targeted sessions, saving them 112 hours per month. Led using top-notch organizational and time-management skills to juggle diverse expectations and topics.
Budget Management / Cost Avoidance / Revenue Generation
- Within the first 2 months of hire successfully reconciled 6 inherited problematic budgets ($100,000 each). Initiated financial systems technology improvements (computerized project tracking and vendor database) to facilitate seamless integration of personnel, technology, resources, production, and project reporting.
- Captured revenues through stringent vendor management (15 vendors, 10 freelancers, 8 consultants), re-negotiating cost estimates and contracts that saved $5,000 per project. Facilitated logistics and upgraded marketing materials (under tight budget) for 2 trade shows that won additional client business.
INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS, LLC, Jersey City, NJ
1997 – 2005
Operations Manager / Business Development
- Promoted to start-up international product development and licensing business (a spin-off from Engineering Technologies). The key player in building a business (ranked #3 nationally in-home care appliances) through a role in product planning and design, off-shore manufacturing and distribution channels, operations, marketing and sales, new product launches, client relationship management, and media / PR.
- Spearheaded and maintained administrative and legal structure for this international business. Developed and transitioned manual financial record-keeping system to computerized financial systems.
- Developed initial product offering in less than 10 months, which represented 100% of revenues for the first 2 years and continued to generate revenues thereafter. Played an instrumental role in bringing 5 products to market in 5 years, capturing Revlon as a key national account.
- Saved 2 production days per month and $4,000 in monthly expenses by changing from out-of-town to local attorneys. Realized 20% savings in annual corporate income taxes by sourcing new CPA.
ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIES, INC., Jersey City, NJ
1988 – 1997
- Contributed to the rapid growth of engineering consulting group, which specialized in technology transfer and development, and litigation support. Reorganized chaotic office management systems, authored SOP manual, and introduced standardized tracking systems for cash flow, revenues and operating expenses.
- Initiated and project managed the transition from manual to the computerized record-keeping system, which increased operations efficiency by 80% and eliminated the need for 3 full-time employees.
- Developed and managed effective PR and CRM strategies, which laid the groundwork for securing and retaining major government, entertainment-industry, and international contracts.
NEW YORK STATE BROKER ASSOCIATES, New York, NY
1985 – 1987
Supervisor, Insurance Licensing Department
- Oversaw daily operations of the mission-critical department for #2 stock brokerage NY headquarters and 43 domestic branch offices, maintaining 9,200 state licenses for 800 account executives. Managed staff of 12. Streamlined licensing process from 3 months to 3 weeks, which enabled a 50% reduction in staff.
THE HELLERMAN GROUP, San Francisco, CA
1982 – 1985
Insurance Licensing Administrator
- Promoted from Account Executive to key administrative management role in a corporate office. Established and managed the Licensing Department for home office and 4 branch offices, representing 600 agent and broker licenses in 50 states. Restructured and streamlined complex licensing procedures.
Bachelor of Science, Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, NJ
Continuing Education: Certificates in Project Management and Human Resources from the American Management Association and Zenger – Miller Frontline Leadership Program.
Project Management Institute (PMI) – Professional Member
Edison Chapter of ACM / IEEE Computer Society – Board Member
American Standard Poodle Club – PR and Fundraising Manager
Windows XP, MS Office 2003, MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Internet Explorer
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your CV or resume.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Sales and Marketing Representative Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting the jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for a visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Sales and Marketing Representative resume sample.