Sous Chef Resume Sample
This reverse chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. Is widely accepted and is applicable to most job seekers. The reverse chronological order resumes are easy to read and can highlight career growth.
This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the reverse chronological resume advantages & disadvantages. The reverse chronological order resume format is preferred by most job recruiters.
THE SOUS CHEF RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country, Phone #, Email Address
DEDICATED CHEF DE PARTIE/SOUS CHEF
Accomplished Sous Chef, perfection-obsessed and recognized for an unwavering 24/7 dedication to the evolution and mastery of his culinary craft. Inspired by the precision techniques and standards the evolution and mastery of his culinary craft. Inspired by the precision techniques and standards offered by the international masters such as Thomas Keller and Ferran Adriás, and committed to pursuing learning ground opportunities under the toughest of standards. With a background cooking for dignitaries and VIP’s, renowned for the highest standards of practice, with exceptional technical skills and the ability to take direction and be relied upon to deliver above-standard results every time. Critical attention to detail, unrelenting energy levels and a purist approach to food ensuring the finest of food standards.
|· Advanced Technical skills||· Fine Dining/Tasting Menus|
|· VIP Event/Dinner Planning||· Staff Leadership|
|· Kitchen Management||· Quality Control|
|· Contemporary Menu Design||· Staff Development & Supervision|
|· Product Development|
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR/GOVERNMENT HOUSE, Queensland, Australia
2004 - current
Sous Chef/Chef De Partie
Following significant success within Australia’s Fine Dining sector, recruited to this dynamic and rewarding role as part of a small and elite culinary team showcasing Queensland’s top cuisine to international and distinguished visitors of the Governor and State. Free from budgetary limitations, work alongside and under Queensland’s industry best to design and deliver innovative, high impact menus using only the best of the produces and displayed to standards worthy of the intimate, quality surrounds of the Governor’s mansion.
- Recruited to lead the kitchen and entrusted to sure its continued standards of excellence during an unexpected vacancy within the Head Chef position. Credited not only with successfully “stepping up” at a critical time, but for introducing a holistic, contemporary approach to food and menu preparations that lifted Government House’s already pinnacle standards a further notch and achieved accolades for its premium tasting menus.
- With a contagious passion for quality, successfully re-educated and evolved the traditional menu of Government House to offer detail-driven fare including tasting and degustation menus, enhancing “experience dining” and expanding the horizons of an initially conservative environment.
- Applied a strict business approach to kitchen operations that was heralded for simultaneously raising food standards whilst slashing costs by in excess of 60%. Relentlessly sourced premium produce and negotiated supply arrangement to ensure quality produce standards at market price.
- With an obsession for perfection and improvement; worked to ensure quality within every aspect of food preparations, forging a kitchen environment that invested time and delivered pride in the intricate detail of its work. Introduced a strict end-to-end approach that eliminated shortcutting and saw every element of menu production occur in-house. Maintained a pristine kitchen environment that reflected respect for its state-of-the-art equipment and first-class produce.
DEBUSSY FINE DINING, Brisbane
2003 - 2004
Highly rewarding role in introducing personal culinary vision and style to the Queensland marketplace, through boutique Fine Dining Business. Offering customized cheffing services for intimate dinner parties; designed distinctive and tantalizing menus capable of showcasing new culinary concepts and visually spectacular courses, quickly building a reputation for “wow” factor, growing business through word of mouth alone, within Queensland’s upper echelon social circles.
- Developed a range of distinctive courses drawing upon premium ingredients including foie gras and truffles, and infusing traditional tried and tested greats with contemporary approaches that saw luxurious courses both spectacular to the palette and within their presentation. Customized menus and interacted with the guests to support the occasion.
- Networked and built a loyal and rapidly expanding client base, confident to entrust their most important of entertainment functions.
- Established high referral rate, indicative of client satisfaction and testimonial and consolidated business to deliver a stable and profitable revenue stream
HILTON INTERNATIONAL, Brisbane
Demi/Senior Chef Demi/Chef De Partie
Working within this well known Hotel’s Fine Dining Restaurant, Victorias, under the direction of the Executive Chef, supported the production of high-quality courses for the premium clients of the Hotel’s restaurant. Worked across all sections of the kitchen, and consistently met the exacting standards of the role and the Executive Chef, building a reputation for spending time to perform each task right the first time.
- Consistently recognized for strong performance, promoted to Head of Section and recipient of Hilton High Achiever Award.
Exceptional learning ground position working within this worldwide renowned restaurant under the strict expectations and directions of its Chef de Cuisine. An exceptional introduction to premium degustation cooking style and preparations.
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
Captained Gold Medal-winning Trans Tasman Trophy Team, 1998.
- The Trans Tasman Trophy is a highly competitive biennial showcase for the elite of budding chefs from Australia and New Zealand.
- Hotel Nikko Darling Harbour Sydney- High-Performance Award 1998
- Annual Hilton High Achiever award
- Gold/silver medals in Ryde Work Skills Competition
Mr Morris Orient
|Mr Matthew Blunt
Government House, Queensland
Ph: 011 617 4444 4444
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
If you have difficulty with your resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your CV or resume.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Sous Chef Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting the jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for a visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Sous Chef resume sample.