Saudi Work Permit
Jobs in Saudi Arabia demand more than the Saudi work permit and just the obvious Saudi CV and Saudi cover letter writing and translation – they require thorough preparation for passing Saudi Arabia job interview. You should be prepared to take Saudi Arabia as it is with all of its difficulties, contradictions and challenges. You will be confronted with problems that in all possibility did not even cross your mind when you started the Saudi job search.
Do not take too lightly the influence a Saudi work permit can have on the final result of your adventure! For example, you will experience the unfamiliar immigration rules and practices, strange job application procedures, bizarre job selection trends and weird management culture.
Most visits to Saudi Arabia are trouble-free but you should be aware of the risk of indiscriminate terrorist attacks, which could be against civilian targets, including places frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers like restaurants, hotels, clubs and shopping areas.
In recent years, the Saudi authorities have carried out a number of investigations and operations against terrorist networks.
You should exercise a high level of security awareness and monitor local news broadcasts and consular messages. Ensure that your travel documents and visas are current, valid and secured in a safe place. Carry a photocopy of your travel documents in lieu of the originals. Maintain a low profile, vary times and routes of travel, and exercise caution while driving. Making local contacts quickly and seeking support from other expatriates will greatly increase your comfort and safety.
Passport and Saudi Work Permit
All nationals require a passport valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival. Often a sponsor will hold a visitor’s passport. In these cases, a receipt will be issued. This will generally be accepted in place of a passport where a transaction may require one.
Passports bearing Israeli, Egyptian or Jordanian border stamps may cause some problems. The Saudi government bans Israeli nationals from entering the country.
Saudi Work Permit/Visa
The prospect of earning salaries that are much higher than what foreigners can earn in their own countries is a major temptation for many foreign nationals who come to work in Saudi Arabia.
To work in Saudi Arabia you must have a work permit/visa prior to arriving in-country and a residence visa. Working without the proper authorization may result in immigration penalties including deportation or denial of admission to Saudi Arabia.
Requirements for a Work Visa/Permit:
- Valid Passport with a minimum of six (6) months prior to the expiration date.
- One completed current visa application form as issued by the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- One passport-size photo.
- HIV test (AIDS test).
- Health Certificate: Obtained from the local doctor certifying that the patient is in good health and free from contagious diseases. Lab test results for the following: Hepatitis B & C, Malaria, Filariasis, Syphilis and Chest X-Ray for Tuberculosis
- Police Clearance of No Criminal Record obtained from Police, which should be dated after the issuance date of the Work Permit. The Police Clearance has to be certified then legalized by the Embassy for a $25.00 Authentication fee. The Authenticated Police Clearance should be presented to the Saudi Authorities for residency purposes.
- The work permit application including:
- for Government Contract - a copy of a Letter of Appointment from Saudi Arabia.
- for Private Sector - a Work Permit issued by the General Department of Immigration Affairs in Saudi Arabia. (If a spouse or family members are accompanying the applicant, a Work permit, No Objection Certificate or Letter of Appointment must indicate that.)
- Visa fee $75.00 (for U.S. citizens) along with $25.00 for the authentication of the Police Clearance. Cash, money order or company check should pay fees. PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
Please note: Passports sent by mail should include a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
Contact the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in your home country for further information about Saudi work permit
Other Saudi Work Permit Info
To be successful in your Saudi job search and get the job you want, you need to prepare a Saudi cover letter and Saudi CV which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search in Saudi Arabia.
When you receive an invitation to the Saudi job interview, you may apply for a Saudi visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at the Saudi dress code because how you dress is one of the most important attributes in not being hired for available jobs.
Good luck with your Saudi work permit.